Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does this style make my hair look longer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this style make my hair look longer?
    Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:34pm

I tried a new style the other day and I think it makes my hair look longer! What do you think?

It is just a french braid, stopped toward the bottom of my head, then turned into a ponytail.  I then used my new hair toy (a funky perspex slide) to decorate it.   I had to stick a bobby pin in one side as I had an annoying short layer piece that kept falling out!

It felt like my hair was longer....or maybe it's because I'm used to wearing it all up

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:36pm
That is a great style, and your hair does look longer! Very sleek and sophisticated - beautiful
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:35am

Yes - I'd agree that it does.

There is a girl where I work who has her hair to just past her shoulders.  Hers looks far longer when she puts in a high ponytail as compared to a low ponytail.  I can only think that its because the hair is free to move more in the higher ponytail.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:31am

Hi Rini,

Yes, your hair does look longer in that style!  So healthy and shiny!

Noey

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:04am
Yep, I agree too.  Love the funky hair toy!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 8:17am
      Definitely does Missrini.......Your hair is looking spectactular and its getting longer for sure!  
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:55am
Yes, looks longer that way. Maybe because people with longer hair could recreate that by knotting it or something at the nape? Looks gorgeous!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:14pm

You look gorgeous! It does make it look longer!

You've got me seriously considering henna.

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:07pm
I agree it looks longer and pretty.

I think one reason it might look longer is that in the tail like that the hair blends and we don't see the shorter layers. We only see the longest length.
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:13pm

UH HUH HUH HUH HUH!

Edited by dude20 - June 13 2012 at 4:44am
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 4:25pm

Rini, your hair really does look longer with that hairstyle - and it's sooo gorgeous. Your hair is growing so fast.

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by dude20 dude20 wrote:

PurpleBUbba, that can't be 34" long...Probably 30.

Dude, that is 34 inches because I had masking tape on the tape measure and I colored it with marker. When I zoomed in on the picture I could see which piece of tape it was near.

You may use a different measuring method but that is 34 inches from my forehead back. I know that's 34 because only a few months later my hair is tailbone length and that is 36 inches from forehead back. There's no way I got 6 inches from October until January. I can't use my camera with this new computer until I get a cable that will plug in or a new camera otherwise I'd show new pictures.

I also know it's 34" based on how many other people are similar height and have similar measurements. And in February of 2005 I had my Mom measure and at that time she got 30". So I know it grew since then.

Here are my side by side 30" and 34"

In the first picture the hair is up near my elbow and in the second it is passed it.

Edited by PurpleBubba
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:26pm

Hey thanks everyone!

Susan, that hairtoy was the most expensive one I've bought so far believe it or not.  You can't tell in the photo, but it's made out of this really cool pearly plastic stuff and the stick is the same. I love the colours!

Hellfrozeover....you mean you haven't joined the dark side yet?  If you need any info, I'll be happy to help out. Just PM me.

Purplebubba, yes I think it is the longer layer being more obvious that makes it look longer.  I can't wait until the rest of my hair catches up to that layer!  Your hair is growing so well.....36 inches...wow!

Anais...I don't know how I missed your new sig pic! Your braid is just STUNNING......like fall on the floor stunning   It is my dream braid.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:39pm
Rini!  The braid pic is terrific
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:26pm

Yes it looks longer.  It is very flattering and pretty!
Love the hair toy.  Also, I agree Anais' braid is awsome- so thick!  Its inspiring.
Katie

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 11:24am
I wanna plait that thick

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 3:01pm

Me too

stoopid tapering ends, grrrrrrr

Rini that syle looks great! And it does look longer.  You're also tempting me back to henna, I'll have to save up for a big block from Lush.

enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:13pm

Rini, lovely hair style, cool accessory, and it does look longer.  Full marks for it

Anais, pretty braid.  Did you do it yourself?  You must have a *lot* of stamina

Bubba, you must just be tall.  Or if you did get 6" from Oct-Jan, I want to know your secret lol.

Do you lot realise how inadequate you make others feel?

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:15pm
I didn't get 6 inches from Oc-Jan. I got 6 Inches from Jan - Jan along with some trims.

I'm 5' 11"
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:20pm

Aww, all my illusions are shattered that little pointy purple hats encourage hair growth

I'll put mine in the back of my cupboard again...

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic