Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unsupportive People -_-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsupportive People -_-
    Posted: February 28 2006 at 1:43am

Right now I really wanna poke Doug, one of my housies, with the big, pointy, splintery stick!  He's never been a good weight loss influence, as he's constantly bringing treats into the house, though I have managed to get him to bring a bit more healthy food in once in a while.

But anyway, yeah, he's gone super-weird about weight lately, mostly on women.  It's like when he sees those mobile commercials with Catherine Zeta-Jones, he keeps talking about how fat she's supposedly getting O_o;;; .  If she's fat, what does that make me?  Oh, and it's even worse when he sees someone who actually is fat-- a local newscaster was talking about how she recently lost weight.  When they showed the old pics of what she used to weigh, he pointed and laughed, and made like the universal gesture for "really fat" with his arms -_- .  The old pics of her, she was a size 14, which is about the size I am now!  (I'm like just on the border of 12 and 14 right now. . . very frustrating. . . but I digress. . .)

Of course, I dunno who he is to talk, since he's fatter than I am, but still. . .  Bleh, can't I send him out for sensitivity training or something?

More awesome than a manatee!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 2:56am

Sorry to hear about that.  He's obviously feeling insecure about his own weight; don't let it rub off on you or spoil your healthy regime.

CZJ is gorgeous!  If being "fat" means looking like her, I would have no problem with it!!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 11:39pm

Yes, must. . . resist. . . lure. . . of ice-cream. . .  :-P !

On the upside, I've dug out some old workout vids and added them to my exercise routines.  Hopefully that'll help.  *pokes the scale in a vain attempt to make it get below 130, though it hasn't in recent weeks*  I swear that thing does this to toy with me -_-;;; .

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:46am
By the way, it's obvious that your flattie doesn't think YOU'RE fat.  There's no chance he'd make those comments, if he did.  Being a man, he won't realise that he's being insensitive, but, unless he's a total twunt, he won't want to hurt you either, so suggest gently that some of his fat-ist comments are going against your dieting efforts.  Good luck!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
cookie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 9:41am
knw wat u mean the fella i live with is th exacte same it must just be men
cookie xoxox
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 10:06am
Ya know, everything he's doing just sounds like hatred to me.  Its not about heavy (or even not heavy) women.  He's found a category of people he thinks he can make fun of and maybe not get any flak for doing it.  If I see someone acting like that, it makes it look like there's something wrong with him to me.  Maybe he's one of those people who thinks they're better than everyone else or worse than everyone else in a flip flop fashion, (flipping between being full of big ego, or depressed and feeling worthless) with no middle of the road balance between the two - so he's making fun of other people to give him something to make him feel better when he goes down.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:40am

Hmm, well, as much as he talks about what a good guy he is, I guess I could start to wonder if he thinks he's not really a good guy at all.  That might explain his need to pick on the flaws (real or perceived) of others so constantly.

When I said how it made me feel when he pointed and laughed at the anchor from the pics where she was about my size, he insisted we weren't the same size.  When I told him otherwise, he said she carries her weight differently.  I honestly doubt that, since I'm so short any amount of extra weight looks huge on me :-P .  But I dunno, maybe he honestly didn't know what size I am. . . I mean, he is male, after all. . .

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:12am
I wonder if he's trying to jab you without looking like or admitting he's jabbing you, or if he honestly didn't mean to, and regretted what he said.  If he's constantly picking on the flaws of others, I'd be more inclined to suspect the first, but I'd wait and see if he made weight comments about others again in front of you to be sure.

If it is the first, I'd tell him he was being shallow and catty as hell, and I'm sorry to hear you have to put up with someone like that in your own home.  Good luck.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:18am

Hi,

I personally would iggy him! Just let it go. Focus on the best in yourself, and change the topic, or leave, or better yet ask him to leave when he says stupid comments re; weight,etc..

Good Luck, ;)

God Bless,...
Katie
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:33am
It sounds like Doug is more interested on what's on the outside than what's on the inside.  Perhaps one day he will be rewarded with a gorgeous Barbie doll who has an IQ almost as low as her waist size.  They'll probably be quite happy together.
Dunebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 9:30pm
Next time you see someone on TV thats his size, point and laugh about how fat that person is, and see how he likes it. Maybe even pick someone a bit smaller than him.
I really think that men jus don't know about sizes sometimes though. When we were shopping, my ex would always pull out clothes in 7's and 5's for me to try on... flattering but far far from the truth! haha
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 8:17am
people are strange... and mean sometimes.
Just follow your goal! Don't mind others!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic