Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another qusetion ive often pondered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another qusetion ive often pondered
    Posted: March 01 2006 at 10:38pm

Sorry about posting so many questions....here goes:

Ok you know how when women of other races move of tilt thier heads thier hair kinda moves with them i mean when they turn thier heads thier hair kinda flows with them.....why doesnt aa hair do this ?????

Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 1:01am

It does, if it is long enough, and/or has enough body. It can do that at any length if it cared for properly, from what I have seen. Mine does from length when I walk, but I don't have the body. :(.

Certain cuts also aid in that movement. The blunt cut I've got doesn't help, but layered cuts do. Also, brushing in sections gives it body and don't use heavy products like oils and grease so much, that may decrease the body, and make it "stiff/heavy" like what you are thinking of.

You've never seen an AA with an amazing head of curls and her hair flowing and bouncing with her as she walks, turns, or whatever?

Edited by Phoenix1017
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 7:46am

nah maybe its because i live in the south where stiff styles are still in fashion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 2:14pm
I don't know about that because I am in the South too. I'm in South Texas.   Maybe it is a regional thing, though.
My Hair Site

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 2:58pm
i mean ive even seen women of other races with short hair that moves
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 7:31pm

I have definitely seen AA hair that moves and
bounces,, if its healthy and cared for properly and of
course straightened it will move and blow in the
wind, i have curly curly hair that when in its curly state
doesnt move much becuz its soo light but when i
straighten it it moves as much or more than anyones
hair since it is so light ,, i think if AA hair is very
weighed down with oils and stuff it wont move just
like asian or caucasian hair wont move if u spray
hairspray all over it,, its just stiffened up,, its
dependent on how u care for it i think...
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:04pm

Phoenix is right, layered long relaxed hair does move like that. If my hair is blow dried straight and I turn my head too fast, my hair hits me in my face.

I live in Atlanta, but I know about the stiff styles you're talking about. The ones where it's gelled/hairsprayed into place, and you don't have to brush, comb, or ANYTHING to it until the next time you wash it, and you can't put a hat on it.

Edited by Renata22
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:35pm

Quote The ones where it's gelled/hairsprayed into place, and you don't have to brush, comb, or ANYTHING to it until the next time you wash it, and you can't put a hat on it.

Oh. Is that what she was talking about. I haven't seen too much of that. Noen actually. They don't have comb it. Wow! Seems convenient, but the gel and hairspray scares me. I wish I could see some of the styles. You can't even put a hat on it!!!!

Edited by Phoenix1017
My Hair Site

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 10:48am
some AA people's hair dont move cos it overloaded with gel or moisturiser of grease or whatever it is they use. the secret is to use as little products as possible. when i was relaxed, i would wash my hair, surge and go and my hair would swing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic