Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Locks of Love/Evil Hair Industry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locks of Love/Evil Hair Industry
    Posted: March 03 2006 at 3:04pm

Dave... can you create a board for just this topic.  Their seems to be plenty of interest, nearly 200 post and 1000's of view between the 2 Ann C. posts and now the Diane Lane one. 

These conversations have nothing to do with celebs, other than they were the sparks to start the firestorms.  Personally, I like many others I think, read nearly every post most days. Its such a pain to see a post such as Diane Lane then read 20 more to find almost no news about her.

I understand there is interest in these post, there is no doubt about that but is Celeb hair news the right place?  Ann C for example, the celeb news was she was planning a major new look.  The Diane news is she will be growing her hair for while then cutting it.  That generally would earn these post about 10 or 12 response each. 

Why not give locks of love and the vast right wing hair industry their own board so those of use that believe the good ole USA really did land on the moon can read about celeb hair updates without having to waddle through post after post of hair politics.  Oh yeah there already is a place for them!

That being said could you move them to the propper posting area?

Thanks

Hal

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:24pm
Sorry Hal. I will try to Knock it off. I guess it's something that just gets to people.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 10:05pm
Hal the reason so many people talk about LOL is because almost everybody knows that it's a sham. We want to make sure more people know about it.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 10:21pm
I see Hal's point, but when a celebrity decides to donate her hair to LoL, it becomes part of the discussion.
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 10:42pm
I was just wondering why LoL is a sham? It's something I've heard mentioned before, but wasnt sure where or why that perception orginated......
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 11:29am
BBB for the state of FL? Not sure if it's a state or Fed that did it. But they didn't fit one or two of questions as being on the up and up. Plus they way they get their message out. As you can see from the other posts. It just gets people going.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 2:45pm

This ought to give you some insight into Locks of Love, at least from one person's point of view. It sounds like that person has long hair. Hal, I'll bet you never thought this would turn into a long thread of its own, did you?

http://zellandyne.livejournal.com/430726.html

Edited by Kramer
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:00pm
Kramer.. I conceed when a celeb does it via locks of love.. that is part of the conversation..."PART" of the conversation.  However, when Lock of Love becomes the conversation as it most often does, it should be moved.. and that's just my opinion.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 9:22am
Hal,

I agree.  These types of discussions are best held on the Politics board.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to separate existing threads with comments both on the celebs hair and the hair-political stuff.

Perhaps I could move some of these recent threads, and any new thread which veers off on the political tangent, to the Politics board and leave the "Moved" marker here for a few days.  How about a poll?
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 6:09pm
Not sure the benefits are worth the trouble (and I say that as someone who is bored silly by the topic of LOL).
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 1:26pm

Hey all,

Every time I see Locks of Love on here I cringe.  It is a guaranteed brawl.  I am going to attempt to move it somewhere else.

I agree with Hal that it is too far afield of Celebrity hair and definitely agree with Dave and FatMoo.

Thanks for the heads up.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic