Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm looking for a  hair style for prom, which is May 12th.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm looking for a hair style for prom, which is May 12th.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sportiness View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sportiness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm looking for a hair style for prom, which is May 12th.
    Posted: May 04 2000 at 12:12am
the dress is long and baby blue. It has thin spaghetti straps (also baby blue.) its made of a stretchy material w/ sort of cut aluminum foil on it all over. it has no splits and is extremely form fitting. Think of Morticia from the Adams' Family only 2/3rds as tight. I have a very good figure so it fits perfectly, but keep in mind the above specifications. My hair is permed and willing to receive the weave, however I dont want a French roll or a plain wrap going down my back. My hair is naturally short, but not Hally Berry short or even shoulder length short. (its in the growing stage) the hair in the front is longer. Long enough for bangs but not exactly as thick as I would like it to be for them. No wigs. No coloring.... My hair is cut into a mushroom, but can be worn as a wrap. the hair is not full length all the way around. its shorter in the back but can touch the nape of my neck, so having a line of extra hair back there is ok. I'm wearing a baby blue chocker and some small diamond earings, but no studs. they droop. any ideas yet?? Please don't hesitate to respond. Thank you.
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2000 at 10:32am
Sportiness,
I'm not sure - but you are African American?
If so - you might want to try http://www.hairweb.com/index.cfm?section=hairstyles&sub=search&ext=cfm&back=1 for some inspiration. I saw some great styles in there.

Since your dress is already spectacular I'm not sure if you want to draw attention back from it to your hair. What I mean is you might want to step back from glittery accessories and keep it simpler.

Let me know if you find anything at this URL - I will also look at home for some more ideas...

Leanan
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic