Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 9:30am

My mum used to swear by eating a cube of jelly(/o) a day to help with nail growth and strength.

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 5:31am

Wow, Gelatin!?

I never knew,...

I know a balanced diet helps, along with vitamin and mineral supplements. I know putting beer on your hair before you rinse, adds body,..but I have yet to try that tip.

I personally don't get all caught up on hair length. I'm very patient, in many ways. I only want hair touching my shoulders. I've got about3 inches to go. In the mean time, I think my hair looks pretty, and healthy;)

Thanks,...

God Bless,...
Katie
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 4:30am

Hi Chrissy and welcome

Gelatin huh? Hmmm....so do you eat it or put it on your hair? What is it supposed to do....speed growth or thicken hair..or both?

Sounds interesting

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
crisssy101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crisssy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 3:26am

Hello all, this is my first post!

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I've read a couple of threads in here asking for help/advice growing out your hair.  So here's what worked for me... a product called Cortexx.  It is no longer available but it got me passed my shoulders (damn near impossible hurdle for me to overcome before I started using it) 

The active ingredient is--don't laugh--gelatin.  Yeah.  I know, it sounds dumb, but the same stuff that makes your nails hard and healthy... (and, yes, the stuff you eat) helps your hair grow.  Now, I'm not sure if Jello per say will do much for you--although there are women who will swear by it--I will tell you that applying it to your hair works wonders.  If you can find it as an active ingredient in a shampoo or conditioner, use it.  It's one of those little quirky tips that you just have to try for yourself for you to believe.

Today, my hair is down to the small of my back. I found that once I was able to get my hair to grow passed my upper shoulders the rest was cake.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/printthread.php?t=9027

Hope this helps!

I live like I type, fast with lots of mistakes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic