Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biosilk, silk therapy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biosilk, silk therapy
    Posted: March 06 2006 at 1:46pm
Hey, hey, hey! It's Fat Albert. Only kidding, it's MissMareeJane.

Has anyone here every tried Biosilk Silk Therapy? It's a pretty good
product. It feels like it's silicone based, you put on your hair wet or dry
(although I perfer to use it when my hair is dry) it's quite nice smelling
and it makes your hair very shiney and slick feeling, without feeling
gunky or weighted down. It's a clear liquid that I can only discribe as
having the consistancy of spit ( nice,right? yeah,really makes you want to
put it on your hair ) High recommended though.

Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 1:47pm
gets rid of those cruchy ends

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 5:37pm

Hey there MMJ. Yes, I have a big ol bottle of Biosilk Silk Therapy in my cupboard.  I haven't used it in years.  Yes, it is about as coney as you can get....so I was hesitant to use it again. I'm not sure that my hair likes cones, but I still think I will give this a go soon just to see how it works now (that my hair is healthier).

It's not available here in Australia, I bought mine on the internet and it cost me a fortune.  So I have to be sparing with this!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 2:15am
I bet if it is the consistency of spit, a little goes a long way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 8:10am
Very much so. Infact, I put only a pea size amount on the palm of my
hands, then I rub my hands together and then run my hands though my
hair for about 2 seconds, maybe less! You have to be very sparing with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 8:15am
Rini, your ends look very healthy, there's no need to weigh them down
with products!

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 6:19pm

Thanks sug (ooh...sorry...I mean MissMareeJane!), my ends ARE very healthy, however they are very thin and I'm seriously considering cutting a couple of inches off. I just don't like the look of wispy ends on myself.

I was going to use biosilk again only because I do get the frizzies from time to time, and if I remember, this stuff helped with that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 9:47pm
Rini, I am going through the same urge to cut. I was going to post a thread about it. It is always such a strong urge - I am still growing out these crunchy, damaged, funny-colored ends. Maybe I should try the spit stuff....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 9:48pm

And Rini, by the way, I really like your ends. They look healthy and fairy tale to me. Really quite pretty.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 10:09pm

Thanks SpecialKitty

The frustrating thing for me right now, is that my ends are really in GREAT condition....they feel so soft and silky and look shiny. It's just that my growth has been so rapid and uneven that they look very thin and tapered (and STRAIGHT!). I don't like the look at all .  I have not cut my hair for 7 months now (a record for me!) and was hoping to go at least 12 months.  I could do that still, it would just mean no wearing my hair down in public.  And to be quite honest, I'm getting  a little sick of wearing my hair up every day.

So you see....the urge to cut is alive and well over here too

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 11:21pm
I guess that makes 3 then.I have been going back and forth.One minute I'm dead set on a trim,and then I decide I just cant bear to cut off any hair. Another issue I have is not being able to heat style.Its been hard to come up with cute hairstyles when I dont heatstyle.I usually end up with a half up,or bun style.I am ready for something new.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 7:18am
Rini, I'd hate to see you cut your hair! I like the tapered ends...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:58am
Okay, looks like we need a "NO CUT" support group here. I know I would be sorry if I cut my ends, damaged though they are. And LongHairDreams and Rini, your ends sound very healthy, just more tapered. And MissMareeJane, your fringe and hair look just fine as is. So........(imaginary circle of us all holding hands, closing our eyes and taking a deep breath).......I will not cut or trim my hair this month........
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 6:11pm
Say it with me girls....."I will not cut my hair, scissors are NOT my friend, my ends are beautiful..."   Now breathe slowly....1,2,3...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 2:35pm
he he he "my fringe is beautiful!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 2:44pm
doesn't it seem like everyone is getting that urge to cut? All of us
here...Ms.MNK was saying something about trimming...EVERYONE! PUT
DOWN YOUR SCISSORS!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:38pm
When I first started growing my hair out (from a typical men's short cut), I let it grow without trims for almost 12 months.  It may have been messy, but I didn't care because it was getting longer all the time.   At that time I sought out and found a stylist that was truly sympathetic to my wishes to grow it longer, and I started having just 1/8" to 1/4" trimmed from the ends of the layers every 6 weeks.  And after every trim, my hair seemed to have better shape, and it made the grow-out process much more bearable.  But I know I was lucky; not everyone has or can find a stylist sympathetic to the wanna-be-long-haired.

I have no recommendation for any of you but I wanted to say that I understand your feelings and I wish you all the strength you need to reach your goals.

Edited by DaveDecker
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 2:59pm
Miss Rini, I really like the way your ends look.  It probably depends on the individual's taste, but I really like it.  It's different, which makes me want to keep looking and take it in.  This is from a guy's perspective, so other's may see it differently.  Relax and put the scissors down ... all of you.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 12:20pm
Thanks for the support Dave and TDouty!! I am still struggling with the urge to cut, but haven't done it yet. One day at a time. I am taking today off and giving myself a deep conditioning treatment instead of cutting
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 5:09pm
Wouldn't it be great if we all lived in the same country and could get together over a cup of tea and chant our mantra?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic