Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creative Ideas for Growing Out Layers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creative Ideas for Growing Out Layers
    Posted: March 07 2006 at 4:56pm
I'm looking for some hairstyle suggestions.

I've been growing out layers. The back has finally reached BSL, but I still have all these short layers around my face. The shortest, most annoying ones (old bangs / fringe) are right about nose length. When I wear my hair down, they blend in on the sides and look okay (although not terribly attractive as they flop over my eyes). Sometimes I've been pulling my hair back and doing a french braid and using gel to hold them in place.   But the gel can only do so much and by mid-day I start looking messing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 9:45pm

Hi Amazing Grace! I have the same thing going on with my fringe/bangs, and I am using a pretty barette to hold them to the side a bit. Every now and then I use a headband for that retro look. Sometimes, I have to admit, I like the fringe loose and messy over my eyes...

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 7:09am
I always put a small side braid that includes the bangs (like start at the part on the side of your head and braid over your forehead and down the side).  Its hard to describe and I'm not sure I'm making sense.  If you click the link in my signature and go to my Hair Journey page, I'm wearing it that way in the Sept. '02 and the Dec. '02 pics, but there its done behind my bangs.  When I had nose length bangs I used to do the bangs area in the braid too.  Sometimes it takes some practice to get the bangs to not stick out, but doing the braid looser or tighter usually fixes that.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 5:00pm
I also have the same problem with trying to grow my bangs and layers out...

What I do is pull my hair back where it holds all the layers, and I put bobbypins to pin my bangs in place on the side.
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 2:28pm
I'm also going through the same thing right now with my fringe. Today it
is being very defiant, a couple pieces are sticking straight out. I almost
never clip it back...because I haven't seen my forehead in 2 years and so
it's a little....stark. "Yikes!!" I say as I yank the bobby pins out. So alas,
they hang in my face. They are only at eye ball level, so it's very annoying.
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:44pm
i use a deep side part for my bangs, so i can sweep them to the side... it looks really chic with hair pulled back in a ponytail, bun, or braid.  strategic placement of bobby pins helps... noselength is where i had cut mine to on purpose, and they're perfect for the sideswept look!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic