Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air drying Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air drying Ideas
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 2:50pm

Anyone have some suggestions on how to airdry in LESS than 24-48 hours?  I don't have that much down time to let my hair dry.  Also, how do you keep it from feeling crispy after...Mine alwasy come out so yucky...

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:23pm
You can buy a microfiber towel to help speed up the airdrying time.  I've read that its good for soaking up excess water, I may buy one cause it usually takes 12-24 hours for my hair to completely dry. You probably need to add more moisture when you airdry, if your hair doesnt have enough moisture it will come out dry and crispy. Been there done that.
*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:37pm

By slathering on a creamy leave in and air dry in braids overnight.  Next morning put in shea butter lotion.  Works for me.  Before, I had the same crispy problem particularly at the ends.

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 8:26pm

I wear 2 french braids after I wash and oil them well, especially the ends.

Then I put on an Instant Weave if I have to go out and just touch up my hairline with a flat iron.

HTH

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 9:01pm
Hair goddess...I love your suggestion!  I just bought an instant weave and that would be a GREAT use for it!
1babydimple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1babydimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 11:15pm
Wild Growth Oil or ORS Olive Oil Lotion on damp hair will eliminate any dryness. When my hair is relaxed I can then pull it back into a pony give it a 2 strand twist, tuck it in, tie it down with a scarf and my hair not only dries conditioned but flat.
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 9:05pm

After a conditioner, I towel dry, moisturize and wrap it.  Tie it down with a scarf and allow it to dry that way.

Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 10:53pm
I just wanted to let you know, i accidentally discovered a pretty good solution to my air dry time frame:  I had just finished my washing and conditioning and had put in my wgo, and my leavein/serum/blowdry lotion combo and was letting my hair air dry for about 2o min before using the blowdryer when I ralised Ihad an appointment for my daughter in about 15 minutes!!!  I ran to the bathroom, pulled my hair back ina low pony, used some clips to secure the endsup flat against my head, then put my new 1/2 wig over everything.  Then I put a fabric headband on myhairline to cover where the wig started.  I ended up wearing it almost all day and when I took it off, my hair was about 50 to 75% dry, very soft and shiny!! P.S.I still used my dryer and flat iron, cause I'm WEAK!  Next time I might be able to hold out for NO HEAT. If I can just figure out how to get my ends straight...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by tiajanice tiajanice wrote:

Hair goddess...I love your suggestion!  I just bought an instant weave and that would be a GREAT use for it!

Thanks.  I'm glad I could help.

I just put two french braids (one on each side) before my hair dries because if I wait until it dries, it becomes difficult.  then if I have to go out I just put on the instant weave and touch up the hairline because if does not stay straight when it dries...mind you I'm a natural.  I find that it's a great way to 'fake it'  and go without excessive heat on my hair.  I'm seeing great improvement too. 

Sorry if I'm so long winded, just excited I guess.  Which instant weave do you wear?

I wear the "Maya" Human Hair...my new one.  This one is great!

Ocassionally I wear my old "quick weave" called "LeCony" synthetic hair.

deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 7:50pm
I just braid my hair in about 6 plaits and the moisterize them throughly. Then I put the oil on my ends and it drys in about 2-3 hours...My hair dries quickyl for some reason. *shrugs*
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:11pm
Maybe your hair is porous hence why it is taking so long to dry.  You can try using Porosity control shampoo and conditioner or Creme of Nature porosity control shampoo.  Both are made by the same company.
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Hair Goddess Hair Goddess wrote:

I just put two french braids (one on each side) before my hair dries because if I wait until it dries, it becomes difficult.  then if I have to go out I just put on the instant weave and touch up the hairline because if does not stay straight when it dries...mind you I'm a natural.  I find that it's a great way to 'fake it'  and go without excessive heat on my hair.  I'm seeing great improvement too. 

Sorry if I'm so long winded, just excited I guess.  Which instant weave do you wear?

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:43pm

[QUOTE=tiajanice]Hair goddess...I love your suggestion!  I just bought an instant weave and that would be a GREAT use for it!

Oops!

I was trying to say, I bought a synthetic to try it out, it's by sensationnel.  I also got a drawstring pony by them, too.  

tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:44pm
By the way, how do you get your ends straight w/out heat?
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 5:43am

^^^You could try a rollerset.

I make sure I moisturise my hair well while it's damp and then air dry in a rollerset or some twists/plaits.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 5:53pm

Oops!

I was trying to say, I bought a synthetic to try it out, it's by sensationnel.  I also got a drawstring pony by them, too.  

[QUOTE=tiajanice]By the way, how do you get your ends straight w/out heat?

Hi tiajanice,

I don't need to worry about my ends because they don't need straightening at all.

Try the line of "Quick Weave" products vs. Instant Weave by Sensationnel.  The comb is longer and a lot more secure.  The quality is better too IMO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by MsMocha MsMocha wrote:

I make sure I moisturise my hair well while it's damp and then air dry in a rollerset or some twists/plaits.

Is your hair relaxed MsMocha?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 6:03pm

Yes.  I understand.  I was just asking if you are a natural or relaxed?  Not everyone's hair will respond the same way.

Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by MsMocha MsMocha wrote:

great idea!  I love it.  Are your ends dry/brittle when you take the rollers out?

Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:23pm

Hair Goddess:  Thx for the tip!  I had a problem with my quickweave not staying put the last time a wore it...I thought I put it on wrong somehow...It also seemed a little to big for my head and the wig cap bunched up at the nape of my neck...the hair covered it, it just felt wierd.

ms mocha: I can't rollerset to save my life...when I do ponytails or braids to dry, the ends puff out on me and I have to break out the flat iron.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic