Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growin hair fast HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rockstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growin hair fast HELP
    Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:37pm
Ok so this is obviously my first post, and I have been a pretty ignorant male when it came to hair in the past.  I am now in need of some expert advice.  I've been growing my hair out for awhile, and stopped by a cheap place to get a quick trim of the sides yesterday (I usually only go to Pierre&Carlo in Philadelphia).  The lady went nuts and completely destroyed my hair.  I was screaming and they fixed it up a lil bit.  but it is SUPER short compared to what I've been going after.  like really short.  I've been going after a mop-top Paul McCartney (Abbey Road album cover) kinda look.  This comes at the worst time as I have a significant band photo shoot in about 2 weeks.  I've done research on hair supplements, but what would you suggest for my particular situation?  I know it won't be back in 2 weeks, but what can I do to grow it as quickly as possible?  thanks
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:53pm

Hey there rock star and welcome! I love that long mop on Paul on the Abbey Road cover - what a cool look. So sorry you had that rotten experience with getting your hair cut incorrectly. As for growing it back, I've gotten some great fast growth (over two inches in three months) with the following methods:

• cutting down on how often I shampoo, and using diluted shampoo (I have very dry damaged hair)
  • not getting ANY cuts or trims AT ALL!!! (this is crucial)
  • taking MSM and a multi vitamin
  • brushing and combing VERY CAREFULLY

Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun with your gig.

rockstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 5:39pm
thanks for the tips!  what is MSM?  a supplement?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 5:57pm
Yeah, MSM is a nutrient that helps hair grow faster and also prevents excess hair loss/shedding. Also, some like biotin and Goji juice (http://gojijuiced.com.au/goji_canberra.htm) for hair growth as well (I haven't tried either yet though....). 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 5:58pm
Also, doing regular scalp massages is supposed to help with hair growth. Do a thread search to get more info on this, as it was recently covered in various threads.....
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by rockstar rockstar wrote:

Ok so this is obviously my first post, and I have been a pretty ignorant male when it came to hair in the past.  I am now in need of some expert advice.  I've been growing my hair out for awhile, and stopped by a cheap place to get a quick trim of the sides yesterday (I usually only go to Pierre&Carlo in Philadelphia).  The lady went nuts and completely destroyed my hair.  I was screaming and they fixed it up a lil bit.  but it is SUPER short compared to what I've been going after.  like really short.  I've been going after a mop-top Paul McCartney (Abbey Road album cover) kinda look.  This comes at the worst time as I have a significant band photo shoot in about 2 weeks.  I've done research on hair supplements, but what would you suggest for my particular situation?  I know it won't be back in 2 weeks, but what can I do to grow it as quickly as possible?  thanks

Greetings, rockstar!  What did you tell the cheapo salon stylist to do to your hair?  Somewhere there was either a miscommunication, or the stylist understood your wish but deliberately went against your expressed desires.

Anyway, you have my sympathy.  Similar sorta thing happened to me when I started growing out my hair.  It was just getting longish when the stylist ignored my request for 1/4" trim, and cut off 3".  Yep, I was mighty displeased.

For the photo shoot, could you slick all of your hair back?  Maybe tuck the shorter sides underneath the longer top layers?  You know, try to disguise that the sides are shorter?  If the back is still long, make sure its length shows.  Maybe not the look you were going for, but it might sorta mask the bad cut.

MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 2:08pm
Hi rockstar! I agree with what Dave just said about masking it best you
can for the shoot, and perhaps if you know someone who does photo
retouching they can make your hair look longer.
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic