Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think about...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:41pm

Originally posted by Renata22 Renata22 wrote:

CaramelDiva, get some Muslim friends, and they'll give you some scarves for free. I have so many scarves, I had to pack most of them away.

Girl, then send me one!

I ususally don't like going into the Asian BSS stores, but there is this one near my neighborhood where the owner, speaks perfect English and knows her stuff.  She can match a weave to your hair like nobody's business, and knows what every product in her store is and what it does.  I think she just happens to have good business sense in general, Asian, African, Hispanic, White, whatever. 

But now, I buy organic, from the all white employees at the Vitamin Shoppee  and they never know what I'm looking for.  I find myself educating them on the many uses of tea tree oil.

Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:12pm
ok renata, i think yur getting a little off the point!! this forum is about african american hair, not  black business owners. 2 get this thing back on board, does anyone here think it makes a difference who actually manufactures our hair products? i know when i go buy something i look at the price,ingredients, and what the product does. i NEVER find myself looking at who manufactured it. what do you thingk???
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:57pm

Gurls,

hate to burst any bubbles, but this is about both including black business owners because they are not running most of the hair biz.

JTIH

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:24pm

Well, taggi, the first post was pointing out the lack of black business owners in black hair care, and I was just giving my opinion as the thread starter asked for everyone's opinion.

If we don't care that we're not in charge of or benefit from the sale of items that we PRIMARILY finance, who should?

Edited by Renata22
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:48pm
omg, ok i give up!!! im completely done posting on this topic!!  NEEEXXXTTT!!
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by taggi taggi wrote:

omg, ok i give up!!! im completely done posting on this topic!!  NEEEXXXTTT!!

Hey taggi,

Don't go away feeling bad.  Everyones point of view is important here.  Please don't take offense.

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:22pm
oh trust me i dont,it IS just the internet, i was just being my humorous-sarcastic self! everyones opinion is what makes this thing interesting!
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:42pm
I think I know of two black-owned BSS store in Chicago and they mainly sell professional hair products.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic