Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

roots orange ? Please Help :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susanh624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanh624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: roots orange ? Please Help :)
    Posted: March 10 2006 at 7:11am

Good morning...New person with hair problems here  I colored my hair about a week ago and the roots turned a terrible orange, I have used shimmer lights for 6 days now and NOTHING...What can I do to fix this, If I need to go to a brown w/highlights thats ok.  Whatever I need to do to get this awful orange out. 

Thanks in advance

Susan

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 8:26am
Go to a salon, they should be able to fix this with no problem.  They will just need to put a dye with a green base on the root area, then maybe pull it through the rest of the hair, depending how drastic the difference (this can still be blonde, or brown if you want).  I wouldn't advise doing it yourself since there's a chance your hair could wind up two different shades since its only your roots that are orange.  But a salon can see what your hair looks like and should be able to take care of it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 9:39am

Orange eh? Well to neutralize orange the exact opposite color would be blue base....so Ash at the same level on those orange roots will turn them brown.....your goin to hafta monitor it during processing though because it will depend how porous your hair is and the heat from your scalp that could speed up the process.

Obviously you want to match it up with the rest of your hair....what color is the rest of your hair and maybe we can better help you?

It's hard to tell without seeing your hair but from the sound of it orange roots you would want to use a blue base Ash at the same level as your haircolor to neutralize it and turn it more brown.

If you went with a green base I don't think that would be your best option unless the hair you were trying to fix was more of a red than orange. Most haircolor lines have moved away from green base colors and instead gone with blue-violet. Now many times stylists need to make green base by mixing a blue base and gold base in equal parts to get green base to neutralize red.

Tell us more so we can better help you.

G'luck

Susanh624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanh624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 9:56am

it's blone, really blonde.  Not plat nor white...My intentions were not to go this blonde, maybe thats why my roots turned sooo orange.  Also, I have well water.  Basically all they have out chere' in the country (haha)

Thanks Claude,

Susan

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 9:58am

well if it's blonde already you could tone it with 10 Volume and a color like Goldwell 9GB and then leave it be. Still keep deep conditioning your hair to put that moisture back into the strands.

9GB is a very common color that is a very appealing blonde from Goldwell.

Susanh624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanh624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 10:02am

ok...will do.  Can I add highlights as well?  I have Prology deep conditioner on it now since 8:00 am...

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Susanh624 Susanh624 wrote:

ok...will do.  Can I add highlights as well?  I have Prology deep conditioner on it now since 8:00 am...

OK well depending on the time you've had that conditioner on it shouldn't be several hours. Conditioner is to put on then wash out. If you want something to leave in your hair...then use a leave in conditioner you spray on.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:17am
They stopped making green bases?  That's too bad.  I actually used to use them to quick fix orange roots when I was going blonde even though the roots weren't red, then use violet over it for the yellow.  The blue and blue-green bases didn't seem to be as efficient on the orange. I know colorwheel wise they should be, but it took 2 times of dying it with blue to get rid of as much orange as when I used green, though maybe it was just the brand I was using (which at the time was Wella for the blue-green, and I think I tried Clairol for the blue).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 6:20pm

Clairol still makes green bases.  Moongold and Moonhaze. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic