Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newborn Hair Help? Anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alyssalove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssalove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newborn Hair Help? Anyone?
    Posted: March 11 2006 at 9:30am
Ooooookay, I have a six week old daughter. I am Italian and her father is black. Her hair is a perfect combination: soft yet textured, greasy but dry...I don't know what to do with it. I am afraid to use any products on her because she is so small, but I was told there are special products for biracial babies. I searched and searched to no avail, and haven't a clue what to do with her hair. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? Who knows. When she sleeps her hair goes CRAZY and cannot be tamed. She has pretty long hair for a newborn, going past the tips of her ears and down onto her neck. I keep reading condradicting thoughts...regular baby shampoo is horrible;don't use anything but a regular baby shampoo or foam...my head is all but spinning from all the cross info I am recieving. PLEASE HELP!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:09pm

what special products haha that would be new to me!!! im biracial too i use organic shampoo and conditioner has no sulfates etc...( can find a good one for babies at whole foods or some other health market) would be good for a baby and when ur done out the bath add a little jojoba oil (also at the health market) to the babies hair that will help with the dryness and keep the curls beautiful but just a little a little goes a long way you dont want it more greasy.

Babycheeks
alyssalove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssalove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 6:55pm
Thank you so much! Finally someone responds...she is 5 months old now! Thanks again for the tips, I will make sure to try them ASAP. I'll let you know how it works out for her!
chocomom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocomom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:27am
they have a lot of products for children organics africa's best has a childrens line which is good i use it on my 15 month old
ithank you for my blessing of MY CHILD!
tasha159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasha159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 7:28am
Don't worry!Embarrassed It's hard to say. Babies' hair growth patterns can vary widely. Some babies are born with a full head of hair, while others have only a sparse covering. What's more, infants often lose all the hair they're born with during their first six months. Sometimes the hair will grow right back in, but in a different color or texture. In other babies, it will take a while to grow back. Either way, be reassured that your child will have normal hair growth at some point, although it may take some time to be noticeable. I would hold off on the products and only use Vaseline or some type of petroleum jelly, similar to Vaseline but is a grease. Talk to your doctor for a shampoo type, because her skin is to sensitive to use any type of shampoo, beside baby shampoo. I'm going through it with my 8 month old, but it is getting better, every day.

Edited by tasha159 - January 04 2007 at 7:40am
sweet t
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic