Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi folks, back after a flurry of shtuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi folks, back after a flurry of shtuff
    Posted: March 13 2006 at 9:18pm

Hi Everybody

It feels so bizarre to start a thread about my own update. It's been awhile since I logged in. Just last week, I realized that I hit my goal of tailbone dry length. Yesterday after watching Amélie, I trimmed off a centimeter to make the hemline a rounder U-shape. Last month I switched to Chagrin Valley shampoo bars but will probably alternate between that and CO. Chagrin Valley makes my texture and weight feel great, but the length never feels slick anymore, and the scalp revolts after day 4. A trade-off.

Between work, work, research, writing, cooking, hiking, more drama and crap from K., and a weeklong allergic reaction to amoxicillin after the doc prescribed it for the ear thing, I've been so busy lately ::sigh:: I'm happy to visit again.  

and as a random fact, I bought running shoes yesterday, my first pair in 4 - 6 years.

Next order of business is to finish that long hair hemlines webpage project for y'all. but right now I'm just blehhhhhhh and don't have any motivation for anything. 

Glad to read about all your updates. I love you guys.

Brightest blessings
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 3:35am

Anais.....we missed you!!!!!!! I was wondering where you had got to and hoping your ear was all better. Allergic reaction huh? Well, I guess you would never have known about it as you had not had any drugs before. I hope it wasn't too bad for you?

Congratulations on reaching your goal...will there be any pics to mark the occasion?

You have a nice rest and don't worry....we're not going anywhere. We'll be here when you have the time to drop in

PS: I still have the same pair of running shoes I bought back in 1998 and I wear them every day (morning walks). They have seen some serious action too!  Hope yours last you another 6 years

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:10am

WELCOME BACK!

I too missed you AnaisSatin!;)

I agree with Missrini, Take it easy, and post when you're feeling better.

Congrats on your hair goal legnth too!

I know I'm not patient enough to grow out my hair really long, but I still support you and others as well! 

Bye, for now, Ciao, Katie         & nbsp;      

God Bless,...
Katie
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:17am

Glad to see you back Allergic reactions are horrible hope you're feeling better now

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:31am

The board just wouldnt be the same without you .I'm glad to see your feeling better.

Thats funny about the shoes.I have a pair of cheerleading shoes from highschool that are going on 7 years.They dont even make them anymore.

Edited by Longhairdreams
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 6:40pm
Welcome back, Anais!  I'm often guilty of, um, wandering away (or so it seems) for days or even a week or more.  Sometimes I'm away from the www, on vacation (such as the past week); other times I only have time and energy to perform moderator duties.  RL always seems to keep me too busy, but I do enjoy the discussions here and endeavor to visit here as often as reasonably possible.

Anyway, congrats(!) on the trim - and reahing your goal of tailbone length when dry.  Sounds lovely.   Scary on the allergic reaction to the AB.  I've been dealing with seasonal pollen allergies last few weeks - achoo!  (tears being the allergic reaction).

Lastly, I am amazed at how long y'all can keep a pair of running shoes!  I thought I did pretty well.  My best pair is about 3 years old and starting to get a bit dirty (but otherwise in good shape); my beater sneaks are 6 years old and totally ratty, good only for wearing around the house.  Okay, that was embarassing to admit.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:42pm
Hey Anais! I've been missing you and wondering how you are doing. Thanks for checking in and the update. I had a terrible amoxicillan reaction a few years ago with very itchy hives and swelling so you are not alone! I think mine was prescribed for an ear infection as well. I am glad you are feeling better. Much love to you!Also, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching tailbone length - WOOOHOOOO
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Next order of earbusiness is to finish that long hair hemlines webpage project for y'all. but right now I'm just blehhhhhhh and don't have any motivation for anything. 

Hi, glad to see you back, Anais! I've been in the same place you are, not having any motivation, that is. (remember, I've never had any medicine, but then again, I've never had any serious needs!) Besides, you are such a motivation (and I think I can speak for everyone!) to us all here! Welcome back!

P.S. Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!

Edited by horselover_1625
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 4:28am
Hi Anais!!

I missed reading your posts and diary
I hope the allergi is better by now, be sure to get enough rest (without K pestering you) You deserve so much more!

Congrats on reaching your goal

Ps. I love Amélie, I always feel really happy when I've watched it.

Edited by Vicky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:03pm

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for your fuzzies and welcomes.

Here is the hemlines guide. I'll post it into the thread index.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 5:19pm
Well done Anais!!!  Man, there is some drop-dead gorgeous hair in there   I have seen most of those members before, but to see them all in a row like that......woah!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 1:42pm
That is way cool Anais! Thank you so much! I think based on that guide that I am going to go with a blunt hemline or a mild V. What a bunch of beautiful hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 12:25pm
Hi Everyone

It's been awhile, I'm sorry and I missed everyone so so much. Things have been amazing - my hair has, however, been a bit neglected.
A hair update:
• The routine hasn't changed all that much. I usually do a CCC with Suave Citrus Smoothie, Suave CS again, and then Suave BioBasics or that blue Kirkland Lemon Gingerroot stuff, always combining CCC with an ACV rinse. When I'm really pushing for time, I use a Chagrin Valley shampoo bar and that makes my hair dry faster.
• Trimmed some. I'd be at classic length right now, but it's about mid-butt.
• last measurement = 37"
• No new hairtoy-related acquisitions

A life update (or what I can post online, at least):
• been getting more and more involved in reporting, editing, and production for a weekly paper.
• been going in search of a house (to buy next year)
• been going in search of a c*cktail dress to help host VIP dinner party later this year (the dress i have in mind doesn't exist: sleeveless, boatneck, a-line skirt that comes just past the knees or to mid-shin. Kind of a fifties Jacqueline Kennedy look)
• some life-changing experiences
• eating healthier, drinking more red tea, loving life

I hope everyone is doing well. After being away from so long, people's hair looks longer.

love and blessings
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 1:40pm
Hi Anais,

I am sooooooooooo glad to see you.  I missed your posts and am so happy you are back. 

We have been adding lots of new features to HairTalk in your absence and will be filling in the blanks this week on some of the new options for the various new boards and threads.

Again....sooooo glad to see you back.  ((((((HUG)))))

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 02 2006 at 3:19pm
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 3:17pm

HELLO ANAIS!!! (((((((((HUG))))))))))

Things sound great with you - what good hair and life news. Very inspirational.

I love the food for hair board - thanks for moderating that.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 6:01pm
oh the hemlines are GORGEOUS!!! And it would work for curly hair id like to def try that.
Babycheeks
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 6:32pm
Great to see you back Anais.  I'm glad all is well sounds like you have a lot of good stuff going on,  thats awesome.Hug
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2006 at 6:45pm
Hi Anais. The dress sounds very stylish. Have you looked in op-shops? Or maybe you could sew it yourself? You are very talented so I bet you would do a great job of it.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2006 at 8:14am
Hi Anais!  I'm glad you came back!  The hemlines page is great too, after seeing all the great pictures, I actually changed my mind about what kind of hemline I'd want from what I thought I'd want.  Very helpful!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:44pm
So glad you are back, Anais!  The dress sounds gorgeous!  Have you used the Lutterloh Pattern Making system?  It is awesome.  I'll try to find a link and post it, if you are interested.  You can design and make patterns for anything you can imagine.  I love it!

Take care,
SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic