Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

streach marks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: streach marks!
    Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:08pm
I ahte them I am 147 and i have them all over my upper thighs and on my bottom also my cavles. there like red and white and some of them look like scars. is there ANYTHING that can help me I am so frustrated!!1 please help!
DeeNeedsWaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeNeedsWaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:31pm
palmers got some thing i think  i dont know 4 sure what its called its like a coco butter i think
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 3:10am

A moisturiser that contains Vitamin E oil and / or Almond oil will help.  These are widely available from ordinary shops and are not expensive; just look at the labels to see whether they contain either of these oils.  Palmer's cocoa butter is also a good suggestion. 

Don't spend a lot of money on "miracle" products that claim to remove stretchmarks as they are, unfortunately, a big con.

Stretch marks cannot be completely removed by any means (except possibly laser surgery - a step too far, as far as I'm concerned), but they will fade over time and with the use of regular moisturising.  It is also important to continue to moisturise your skin as this will help it to retain its elasticity so you won't get any more stretchmarks in future.

Stretchmarks are very, very common among teenagers as they cannot usually be avoided if you have a growth spurt.  They will fade over time, if you moisturise frequently, and there is really no need to be self-conscious about them.  Good luck.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 11:56am
Cocoa butter is an old remidy for streach marks I know it prevents them I think it still helps repair them.  and Vitamin E is great for your skin to repair its-self.  If you are shopping for a coco butter lotin see if you can find pure cocoa butter or one that doesn't contain too much water.  I make one with coco butter sunflower oil and vitamin E with a few other ingredients that might be good for streach marks ( my two sister-in-laws didnt get any when they had their babies when they used it) 
let your beauty be natural!!
Charmayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charmayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:52pm
Try Mother's Friend.  It's a skin care product designed especially for stretch marks in pregnant women.  Don't worry, you don't have to be pregnant to use it.  It's all natural and does wonders with stretch marks.  Althought stretch marks never go away, you can soothen them and reduce their appearance.  The product works wonders and is really hard to find.  A little goes a long way but I recommend buying two jars when you find it.
Charmaine
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:50am
cocoa butter baby.

sladie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2009 at 10:32am
i would recomment you not taking a chance with different product brands, just trust Mother Nature completely. go to the grocery store and buy yourself a bottle of almond oil. yes, the real thing. you can also mix it 50/50 with cocoa butter if you want. after you take a shower, when you are still wet, apply the oil on your skin, it will take maybe 5-10mins to absorb, do it as often as  possible (daily is absolutely fine). it is truly the greatest thing you can do for your situation. i wish you luck ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic