Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

another red question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sienna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sienna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another red question
    Posted: March 16 2006 at 5:00am

i dyed my hair a permanent burgundy shade around 8 weeks ago but i am finding it impossible to do my hair any other colour now as the red just keeps coming back through no matter what i use.. can anyone help please    

sienna xx
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:22pm
I have dyed my hair red for a few years and I am sorry to tell you that I have tried to color it several times and it always faded back to show the red.  I even went as far as to color ir dark brown and I havent had any luck, so I just decided to let the red hue stay.
Kelly
Curly_Que View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly_Que Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 5:16pm
I dyed my hair light auburn red  from a warm chestnut brown a while back, while my hair was still fairly short (chin-length). The only thing that I can say is, don't use a color-stay shampoo, let it "mellow" for a while, and touch up the roots with a nonperm colour till the red grows out. If your hair's really long you might want to just take it to a pro.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 3:35am
  I would tell you to use an ASH color,if it's brown.Does have some brown in it? Or you could get this stuff from sally's beauty supply store called METALEX oil based conditioner by clairol,which kinda fades color naturally and leaves it conditoned and ready to color again with a different shade.
But I would ask a pro....first. Go to www.clairol.com  or try calling the company of whatever the brand is you used. They are used to these questions and usually know how to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic