Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

okay so, belemia?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katiexx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katiexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: okay so, belemia?
    Posted: March 16 2006 at 2:40pm

okay i know its retarded and i shouldnt even consider it, but i cant control the way i eat :s im not HUMUNGO fat, im just like chunky i guess youd say.  theres a pic of my stomach up there..

umm k well i dont know what to do anymore. i keep yo-yoing, my weight goes up, my weight goes down, this can go on and on... im sick of it. no matter what diet i use or how healthy i eat i cant lose it and i really need help ! i feel like the biggest cow in ANY room, plus my sister who usd to be huge is now a stick, and my brother is too. i feel so out of place with everything cause im way to chunky. i always thought about throwing up after meals and snacks, its the first thing to cross my mind, but i cant do that its sick, but i love to eat just cause its yummy, but im not even a huge junk food eater, just it somehow ends up turning to fat. urghhh please help me out, i need ideas !

lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 9:28am

I have to say that no one should ever have a desire for an eating disorder. I suffer from both anorexia and bulimia, and it is a nightmare dealing with food on a daily basis. I beat myself up if I eat more calories then I think I should.... 

I have struggled with bulimia now for almost 3 years, and it had gotten to the point where I was purging anything I ate, up to 6 or so times a day. It wrecks a person's body, can ruin their teeth, and causes more yo-yo'ing of weight then anything else. People with bulimia often look  bloated from all the bingeing, and then the vomiting can cause their faces and necks to look puffy because of the toll it takes.

Anyone that looks at eating disorders as a quick diet plan needs to think twice. You might start something that you realize you cant stop. It would be much better to just go a healthy route to lose weight-  take up a new sport, go hiking on sunny days, go to the lake in the summer and swim as much as you can, take the dog for a walk everyday.

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 8:59am

Oh No,

Please don't think that your fat, or chunky, and definetly don't start throwing up your food!!!!

I'm 35yrs and My Twin sister Barb has always had issues with her weight and body image. Basically My Twin sis, and I are the same size,8. We both love to keep active, and eat healthy. However, she's always comparing her body to mine.

Ironically I used to compare my hair to hers. I went through alot of various styles, while she had long tresses.

Back to eating/disorders.

Granted we all(myself included) compare ourselves on many levels, to others. Basically, God created us all as individuals, and not Clones!!!

Even being a Identical Twin sucks. I love being myself. Ok, so I went from a size 6 to a size 8 in the past year. But I look proportioned, and am stronger, and happier too!

Life is too short to worry, and I think women, with curves are cool. I remember when I was barely a size 6(way too thin) weighing 116 pounds on a 5'5" medium bone sructure, I could see my ribs, and every time I took a bath, my tailbone hurt. Need I say more.

Plus before I met my husband, I went on a date and a guy actually thought I was too THIN!!! I remember getting compliments, and yet people were worried I was anorexic too.

Being too thin is a double edged sword!

I agree with Lilimountaingirl, It's way healthier, and fun to be athleticly slender, and your metabolism will stay high so whatever you eat, will be used up and you whole body inside as well as out will be healthier too!

Ok, I hope I've helped,...God Bles YOU!

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 3:48am

You're definitely not chunky.  I think you just suffer from a poor self-image (which probably isn't helped by society's unrealistic expectations of the feminine form).  Try not to focus on weight.  Instead focus on eating healthy foods and doing exercise, so you'll be in good health.  Eating disorders are definitely not the way to go!

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic