Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do I have the right Idea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bassman05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassman05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I have the right Idea?
    Posted: March 19 2006 at 6:50pm
Allright, you guys are probably tired of me here allready but here it goes again :D

Basic story, I'm a 16 year old guy with hair about 6-7 inches long when pulled completely straight.
But my hair is naturally curly, and especially at the ends. So I've been using a flat iron for about the past 6 months and I LOVE this style for me (as I'm a rocker/metal guy). But I'm getting rather tired of using the Flat Iron, and the effects are only in effect if you keep it dry so that's kind of limiting.
So I've heard of "Relaxing"
Will this provide me with the same effects as the flat iron? And after 6 months will there be curly tuffs at the top of my head with long straight hair at the bottom?
Thanks!
romie_2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romie_2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 11:12pm
If done properly, yes. I'm probably gonna get my hair relaxed also in the near future. And you are also correct. As hair grows out, it will grow out curly (your natural hair type), which you'd need to get touched up. Since you keep your hair long, it shouldn't be that noticable until a few months in.
ocalagirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocalagirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 11:46am
If your hair is fine and you relax it, it may stay limp after relaxing it, not an expert but my neighbor does it alot but her hair is super curly, she still has to blow dry it.  Relaxing can damage your hair especially if not done right.  If you continue to use flat iron use a heat protection spray and deep condition at least 1x month
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic