Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Cabrera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RichL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryan Cabrera
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:32pm

There's several different issues going on here. The first and most important, is the length of Ryan's hair. You cannot achieve his look with short hair, because you cannot highlight the sides and back to match the top, which is the key to his overall color. If your hair is very short, then you can have just the front subtley highlighted if you like the look that Ricky Martin made popular years ago, or you can have heavier highlighting all over the top to achieve Ryan Seacrest's highlighted, spikey look. As far as highlights that are too yellow or orange, either the hairdresser wasn't using frosting bleach, or it wasn't left on long enough. Either way, find a new hairdresser and salon. By using frosting bleach and a dryer, it is very easy to bring even the darkest hair to the lightest blonde shade or even white if left on too long. Much more skill, however, is required to avoid the stripey look, which is yet another issue, usually caused by too few highlights, or too much contrast between the shade of blonde of the highlights and your natural color. A toner will definitely help "tone down" this contrast. Again, if your hairdresser didn't already know or do this, then find a new salon. Find a photo in a celebrity or teen magazine, and take that with you to a decent (doesn't have to be the most expensive) salon, and you should find what you're looking for. Hope this helps.

Edited by RichL
shorthairedguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairedguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:40am

I'm still trying to decide what color to dye my hair and I was looking around on the net and found some pics of Ryan Cabrera. My question is that all of the pics show him with his hair spiked up and messy --- well my hair isnt that long, plus I only spike up the front of my hair,so i'm little concerned that if I get my hair dyed like his, that one day when I dont feel like spiking it up, that i'm gonna look like a clown / zebra. I know people are gonna tell me to go to the salon and take a picture, but my printer doesn't print very well according to the color shade on my screen and i've told the stylists how I wanted it before and it always comes out yellowish/orangish or too stripey. I'm pretty sure they needed to tone it before when it came out yellow, but I dunno why they didn't ... I guess i'm just looking for ideas, and what to do. I've never saw a hairstyle magazine just for men, or I wouldn't be posting on here. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic