Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is this true?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malewithnoidea! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is this true?
    Posted: April 10 2006 at 6:59pm

thanks ladies i appreciate that.

its kinda funny, everyone in my family has nappy afro hair, and fro some reason my hair is all straight - so im always getting teased with some not very nice jokes... lol

so i would love if at least for one week sport a fat afro.

charmaine - I will try the ivory soap, i dont get how it would work though? would it tangle the hair, my hair is only about three inches right about now. will try it still.

Charmayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charmayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:45pm
Before you try chemicals ('cuz you might decide that it's not for you), try washing your hair with Ivory soap, air-drying it without combing it or towel drying, then use a pick to pick it out.  The soup has a drying effect.  If your hair is afro-possible, the Ivory soap will work.
Charmaine
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:18am
You wouldn't be able to get that style with braids because the guy in the pic obviously has tight curls, not waves caused by braids.  You could try getting a perm rolled on tiny tiny rollers then backcombing that and using a gel or other product to help it stick up.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:43pm
so is it really not possible to get this hairstyle in the pic on my wavy hair??
romie_2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romie_2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 11:39am
No. There is no way you can do it with braids. My boy had braids a couple years ago (he's white) and when he unbraided them, it just made long wavy hair. Nothing like an afro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 6:16pm

http://wiki.ehow.com/Make-Straight-Hair-Into-Afro-Hair

so i was thinking how long would my hair have to be to do this technique? My hair is currently two inches long.

and would this be the result:

http://img299.echo.cx/img299/7982/afro3ge.jpg

i am thinking i couldnt do this myself?

thanks folks

Edited by malewithnoidea!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic