Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Once you reach your goal....then what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once you reach your goal....then what?
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 9:54am

Hello my friends.  How many of you have a hair length goal?  If so, what is it and what do you plan to do once you've reached it....... continue growing, maintain that length, try something else?

I really don't have a length goal.  I just want my hair to be healthy and grow to whatever it's potential.  I'm pretty sure though, if I ever got to waist-length I will probably stop there.......but who knows, lol.

Share your goals with us......whatever they may be .

Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:36am

My goal is to grow my hair to the maximum length I can attain. Mind you my hair is relaxed.  Then if I happen to reach that goal, I would probably maintain the length then go natural.  If I don't, then I will go natural anyways.

PickledGeuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PickledGeuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 12:16pm

My hair goal is to get my "rat tail" to my shoulders.  I'm not too concerned about the rest of it as long as it's healthy.  As long is its nice, full, and healthy, I'd be satisfied.  Once its reached my shoulders I think I'd probably be really hesitant and paranoid about what I do to my hair because I'd always be weary about breakage.  I'd be really really paranoid.  I'm not into the whole long hair thing(takes too long to do), so I'd probably get it evened out every once in awhile.  Maybe I'll try a normal style for once, who knows.  Theres my input!

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 2:34pm

I'm not sure...maybe I will straighten it for the first time. Also, I'm not exactly sure what my goal is...it was armpit length( when stretched) but my front has reached that so I'm guessing the back is pass that too.

i wonder how long my hair has to be when stretched for it to reach my armpits when shrunken?

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Jazmynsgrandma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmynsgrandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 3:26pm
My ultimate goal is to mid-back.  I think anything else would be too much for me.  I feel that I could probably do more with my hair mid-back, so that's my plan.  Can't wait to get there though. 
R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:09pm

Mine is healthy hair also - I'm at armpit length and not too concerned about length.  I'm quite pleased with how my hair is going as my thin sides seem to be growing back.  

I just want a hassle free regimen.  I am finding that simplicity but consistency is the key for me.  My hair doesn't need a lot of products.

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:17pm
I think wants I reach full armpit length (15 inches all aroound) then I am just going to maintain it and keep it healthy and BIG!

Edited by deexox
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Carlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:25pm

Well, after I reached my relaxed goal, I went natural.

Now once I reach my natural hair goal, I just plan to maintain what I've achieved!  

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 6:25pm

My current hair goal is Waist Length, once I achieve that I will maintain it until my hair is 100% natural which is my ultimate hair goal.

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 7:16pm

When I reach my goal of tailbone length, I will wear my hair down more often and in the styles I used to wear before I started doing protective styles 24/7. (ie. wear it in one long braid, in Victorian hairdos, gothic styles, and in ethnic, tribal styles. )

I think I will still let it grow... to thigh length at the most (I probably won't like it that long), but the growing of it will be more passive instead of active like it is now.

Edited by Phoenix1017
My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 8:11pm

My short term goal is armpit length all the way around.  It's growing faster in the back than it in the front.  I should be there by the end of this year barring any accidents with scissors.

Long term goal is relaxed waist-length.  After that...I probably will start growing the natural hair and trimming the relaxed ends, only because I don't really see the point in paying for a relaxer if I'm going to trim the ends to maintain the hair at a certain length!  Not to mention that the ends will probably be insanely fragile by the time my hair actually gets that long!

Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:12pm
My ultimate goal is to grow my hair to Tailbone using MTG then get a blunt cut at waistlength so I will have full ends.  After that I will stop using MTG and just stick with WGO since it is only $7.99 at Sally's, it promote growth and is a great detangler (at that length I will need some serious detangling after washing).  If it wants to keep growing after that point I will just maintain the length as it grows and get the necessary trims to keep it looking good.
Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 10:39pm

Well I have a waist length goal ,, i think i will be
satisfied when that happens ,, it will be a good 2 and
half years or more right now im arpmit in front
and nearly brastrap in back but with thin ends which i
hate so i wear a couple of extensions in the back,,
my ultimate goal is to have back my original head of
hair that i had b4 putting any chemicals into it,, im
about 6mths post relaxer now
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:08pm

My options once I reach my goal:

1. Let the layers grow out into a blunt cut.

2. Trim (layered and all) and keep it maintained at the same length.

3. Allow to keep growing, just not be as obsessed with it.

I haven't yet decided. I love the layers, but I'm wondering if waist length layered hair will be more of a hassle than blunt cut (or not).

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:09pm
I'm also considering bangs...but I'm kind of afraid to do it.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 11:23pm
my short term goal is bra strap sraightened. my long term goal is waist length straightened
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 8:53am
I'm just trying to thicken my hair at this point.  I'm at BSL.  But tailbone length would be nice too!
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:22am
These are some great goals.  I hope everyone reaches theirs!
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 9:31am
my short goal is shoulder and armpit length hair. once i reach my hair goals, i'm going to keep doing what i'm doing to keep my hair healthy
ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2006 at 12:13pm
My hair goal is waistlength. At that length I just plan on maintaining it and making sure it stays healthy.
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic