Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairloss Products...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roland_79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland_79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairloss Products...
    Posted: March 23 2006 at 3:19pm

I'm a 26 year old male, and have been losing my hair for the last 2 years.

I have been using Nioxin shampoo & Conditioner for the last 6 months, and I feel my hair looks healthier.

Also I have started taking Proscar 5mg (generic Propecia) and Rogaine 5% topical solution, hoping to promote new hair growth.  It's only been 4weeks that I've been using these 2 FDA approved products so therefore too soon to see results.

So, my question is have any of you guy's  used any of these products, and if so, have you had much success?

...Also, I'm interested in knowing if there's another alternative to use for promoting new hair growth? 

and I will say if I do not have any success with these products, I will be looking into a Hairtransplant, as it's my last option.  So, if anyone as had this procedure done please share your experience, as it's very costly and I don't know of anyone who's had it done.

and please feel free to recomend a good hair vitamin that you've had great results with.

Sorry for all the questions...I'm new to this forum, and I can't find anywhere on here were men are talking about hairloss products and what works for them, I only see lots of post for women's hairloss.

Also I've noticed there are several locks out here on Men's Hairloss and the post are all out-dated and you can't reply to them....very interesting? I hope it's not what it looks like.

Hopefully this thread will be posted and keep it going and we all can share new information on hairloss & regrowth solutions.

Thanks guy's!!! 

Roland
candyqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:32pm
I bought a Laser comb cheap $99.at www.amazinglasercomb.com  and It's only been a month but my hair feels better, like thicker and my mail man had great results so I decide to give it a try. I'll let you know in a month...I also take saw palmetto and Biotin ..anyone here try laser combs ? and does horsetail have any value ?
Candy
Roland_79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland_79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:37am

Thanks for your re-ply Candy,

The laser comb is used to stimulate the Hair folicles to promote new hair growth right?

Be sure to keep me informed on how your Laser comb is working for you and your friend.

Roland
candyqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 6:12pm
I sure will and I'll post pics also..Take care , C.
Candy
oddlots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddlots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 2:26am
Roland: I've been on Proscar and Rogaine (5%) in the past, and had good results.  My hairloss slowed, I maintained my crown and sides, and I experience a bit of thickening and overall hair improvement throughout the top.  However, I quite stupidly quit using them, and have lost a TON of hair since quitting the meds.  I'm currently getting BACK on Proscar, and eventually Rogaine (once I figure out how to use it without having an effect on my partial hairpiece).
hairhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 11:19am
 I agree I have been using www.Laserwands.com and have had wonderful results with new growth on top of scalp. After about 4 months i began rogaine with Laserwand and I am thrilled with the thickness of my hair. Ther is solutions for people they may not work for everyone but laserwand was very reasonable cost wise
hairhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:47am
 still going well, hair now is better than it has been in years. This was a godsend how about you candy
candyqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 11:40am
Well all I can say is Amazing ! the laser brush has made my hair thick and wavy again . My best friend who was so skeptical about it is ordering one for her Dad . Amazing Laser brush works  
Candy
candyqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 7:20pm
I have added Omega 3 fatty acids to my diet and shampoo with Nizoral twice a week in between regular shampoos. The laser brush is continuing to give me great results. I should have researched it years ago ,before my hair got thin and dry . I'll continue to post my results , Candy
Candy
countesshoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countesshoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 8:42pm
I love the laser brush too (amazingbrush). I have used it now for about three weeks maybe and my hair has taken off. Also though I have been using hairtopia and I am sure that is the other reason...
redsoxguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsoxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:53pm
Hi.  I am a 32 year old male and wanted to share my success with following regimen:

Billy Jealousy Follicle Restorer (am and pm)
Flax Seed (for Omega 3's 3x day)
B12 (am and pm)
I wash my hair with Neutrogena T-Sal 3x a week and Billy Jealousy Hair Raiser 4x a week.

After 6 months on this regimen I am experiencing regrowth on my crown.  The Billy Jealousy Follicle Restorer is a bit pricey, but it actually works.  It makes my scalp tingly and red (the redness fades within 10 minutes of application).  I bought the Billy Jealousy from Osrow.com.  They are offering 20% off all orders right now!

Hope this helps! 

Here is the link. 

yay i win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yay i win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 12:09am
Call me cynical, but...

What's with all the phony users spamming their own laser brands over here? There should be some rule about deleting posts that hawk specific brands of any product if the user has fewer than a certain number of posts or a relatively new membership.
Timothy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 8:00pm
Are there any comments on the Nioxin Thinning Hair System treatment that is out there?  I am currently using this product, and I must admit my hair and scalp feel healthier. 

Some stats on myself are:

22 year old male
Thinning Hair on the Crown
Possible high level of testosterone

Pretty much open to trying anything to help regrow some of the hair that I lost and I definitely want to keep what I have.
redsoxguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsoxguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 8:43pm
Sorry about that, yay i win.  I am a newbie to the forum and was not trying to spam.  Forgive me.  I just wanted to share my routine.
lzm319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lzm319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2008 at 12:26am

DO you facing the problem of hair loss and DO you see your hair falling .I recommend you using this herbal product---Yuda Pilatory This product is effective to treat and prevent hair-loss and alopecia. It can prevent hair-loss promptly and is the pioneer to cure hair-loss. You will be satisfied with its effect after use or else we guarantee to refund your money back!

This Yuda Pilatory is made of dozens of traditional Chinese medicines with advanced bioengineering techniques, and it maintains the bio-activeness of the original herbs. Being mild and free of toxicity and skin sting in nature, this product is a wonderful cure for trichomadesis and hair re-growing.

Made of dozens of traditional Chinese medicines with high bioengineering techniques, this pilatory maintains the bio-activeness of the original herbs, it is used for man trichomadesis and regrowth hair. This pilatory is of mildness, free of toxicity and skin sting.

Property: Transparent liquid.
Main Ingredients: Ginseng Extract,Chinese Angelica Extract.Polygonum Multiflorum Extract
Action:Anti-trichomadesis, hair Regrowth (Pilatory).
Usage & dosage:

1.      Twice a day (morning and evening), 1ml each time (spray 5~6 times)or according to the circomestances.
2. Keep hair and scalp dry, used on the bald area.
3. One packing for 3 months, do not interrupt.
Cautions:1. External use only.
2. Only use on scalp.
3. Store in cool, sun block condition.
Specification:60ml/×3 Bottles
Approval Code:WZTZ
2007No.0353
Employed Standard:GB15979-2002
Valid Period:36 months
Producer:Kunming Dali Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.
Address:No.372, West Renmin Road, Kunming, Yunnan Province

Contact person: wilson lee

TEL: +86-871-8335444

Cell phone: +86-13116266386

E-mail address: dali0809@kmdali.com

Edited by lzm319 - April 29 2008 at 12:36am
yuda pilatory
Dmahiyer7893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmahiyer7893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 11:44am
www.horizonshaircare.com

We sell all natural products at a very cheap and affordable price, they are proven to help you to re- grow the hair that you have been losing. Good luck.

and here is that link again

think_tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think_tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 10:08pm
Hi there--- hey I saw that you might be considering surgery for your hair loss. In my opinion, before you take such drastic measures, look into the LED/low intensity laser treatments (ie laser brushes). They are non-invasive, first of all, so if it doesn't work for you, you can always do surgery later. I've been looking at research on the net regarding studies that have been done regarding light treatments. I don't know if anyone can say with 100% certainty if they work for everyone's hair, but it IS pretty clear that damaged/injured skin heals faster with light treatments. Not hard to imagine that the hair growing out of the skin could also benefit.... Some people do say that light treatments have helped them. Either way, all the best to you.
think_tom neolight hair
john_global View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_global Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 3:50am
Hair transplantation is a surgical technique that involves moving skin containing hair follicles from one part of the body to bald or balding parts .Hair Transplant is primarily used to treat male pattern baldness, whereby grafts containing hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are transplanted to bald scalp. For further query please visit:- http://www.saicosmetics.com/hair-transplants
MariAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:59pm
Rogaine is a good product for hairloss. My hubby had a big bald spot in the middle but it is covering up nicelyThumbs%20Up
soezzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soezzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2010 at 5:01am
Try consuming saw palmetto products. It is one of helpful ways in slowing hair loss especially for men :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic