Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am totally clueless...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laurav19 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurav19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am totally clueless...
    Posted: April 13 2001 at 1:00am
Hi - I am really bad with hair. I can barely get mine into a ponytail without messing it up. My hair is beyond should length (like right next to my shoulder blades), with long layers, and bangs that are too long to wear as actual bangs, but too short to include in the rest of my hair. My dress is light purple, and I`d like to do something up, but I want to cover my back too. I hope this isn`t too confusing... (and my prom is April 28th) Thanks to anyone who has ideas! :-)
LazyGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2001 at 5:13pm
Reply to message: 12.238.1
quote:
laurav19 originally wrote: Hi - I am really bad with hair. I can barely get mine into a ponytail without messing it up. My hair is beyond should length (like right next to my shoulder blades), with long layers, and bangs that are too long to wear as actual bangs, but too short to include in the rest of my hair. My dress is light purple, and I'd like to do something up, but I want to cover my back too. I hope this isn't too confusing... (and my prom is April 28th) Thanks to anyone who has ideas! :-)
Hey Clueless~

You can`t mess up your hair these days. Messy hair is "IN". Your hair seems like it`s a good length and I think you should put half of your hair up (so the the underneith part is covering your back like you want) and then put it in a french twist (making sence?)

Use bobby pins so that you don`t have a big clip stickin out (if you need help with how to do that just ask, I`ll check back to this) You could also use those hair sticks (like chop stick kinna things) and since your hair is long then you are going to have hair coming out of the top of that.. Put those in curls and also make the hair that is "covering" your back curly to match :-).

Spice up your look with some fancy clips or flowers that will match your dress.

Your bangs... well you could either curl them in spirils so that they shape your face or you could pull them back and curl them so that they are coming out of your french twist. (i`m confusing)

(my prom is the 28th also and my dress is light purple!!) Hope you figure out what to do with your hair and also "HAVE FUN!"

There should be two images below that I found to be really cute. I`d fix my hair one of those two ways if my hair was longer.
http://http://www.zonlocation.com/joelle%204,%20close%20up.jpg http://www.zonlocation.com/Joelle%202.jpg
^^^^ those are the images if they didn`t work below^^^^

http://www.zonlocation.com/Joelle%201.jpg there is another one without flowers

I hope this has helped you out. Reply if you want anything else
lightning85 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightning85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2001 at 10:47pm
I`m clueless with my hair too. I can`t even use a curling iron. But for Prom I want to do my hair in ringlets. But my hair is so thick and a little curly. It will NOT curl with a curling iron. I want it up with the ringlets. I saw this really cool hair style with directions but I just can`t do them properly. Can someone help me??
LazyGrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazyGrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2001 at 7:47pm
Reply to message: 12.245.1
quote:
lightning85 originally wrote: I'm clueless with my hair too. I can't even use a curling iron. But for Prom I want to do my hair in ringlets. But my hair is so thick and a little curly. It will NOT curl with a curling iron. I want it up with the ringlets. I saw this really cool hair style with directions but I just can't do them properly. Can someone help me??
Hey Clueless #2 (lightning85)

I talked to my mom about what you had to say. She said to dampin your hair. (one section that you are going to curl) lightly spray with hairspray then use a steam curling iron. You don`t want a curling iron that is too hot because it will burn your hair. she said you can also spray it with hairspray while it is still on the curling iron. some times that will make it hold. (spray it with hairspray again after curling it) good luck.. I hope it works out

Trying to help
Tesha and her Mom
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2001 at 8:38pm
Reply to message: 12.247.1
Hey clueless peoples. For prom you should get your hair done @ a salon or by somebody who`s really good @ doing hair. That way you don`t have to risk ruining it yourself.
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic