Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A nice trim...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A nice trim...
    Posted: March 24 2006 at 2:07am

Hi,

I just finished giving my hair a trim.

It looks much better.

Before the slanted bangs were too long and boring, and sides of my hair was drab. Plus only a bit on the ends at the bottom had dry ends. So, I cut my own hair. I look about the same, just better.

I truly feel one needs at least a trim every 6 weeks or so.

It has been 8 weeks since my last trim.

P.S. I don't trust a stylist for a trim. Lots of times they want to go shorter, or actually Thin out my thicker hair. I don't like that at all!

So, I'm saving money, and stress doing my own hair cutting/trimming.

Thanks,

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 10:18am
I do that sometimes. Mainly because I had to go pretty short this year and want to get rid of scraggly ends but not lose the length. I cannot find a hairdresser to do that. I do plan to grow it a few inches, and then go to my trusted hairdresser for a style-layers and a trim on the ends. She never fails me, and by then we will have moved back into the area she works in. Ever since we moved far away, my hiar has been a mess. I miss her!
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 5:56am

Hi,

I hear ya,

I have a great stylist. However I really want to save about 40 dollars(cut and style, includes tip). Plus, I do sometimes enjoy cutting my own hair.

However, by June, I do look forward to my stylist Mary to try something new with my hair.

Thanks,...

Love Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 6:11am

Katie, Hi  I have been busy at the shop. If some ladies need touch up trims for bangs I show them how or i will do it free.There is nothing wrong with trimming your own hair. Just remember your stylist must understand what a trim is. You just need the ends off. The cost at the shop is only $9.00. Ladies and men will get the same cut and service for this but I take my time and ask plenty questions before the cut starts. One thing I don't do perms. Katie. enjoy your hair it's yours. when you are ready to change let us know and we willl help. This past week was busy lot's of cutting going on for a one chair shop.

Mike   

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:48am

Hi, Mikecuts!

I really enjoy your posts!

You're obviously a competent and considerate barber/stylist.

I wish I lived on the east coast.

I'd love for you to do my hair:)

Sounds like you've been busy, especially with only one chair, WoW!. Good for You!

How do you do that, especially without getting carpal tunnel syndrom?

Thanks for  Posting here, I always look forward to reading what you say, or suggest.

Take care, and God Bless You too!

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
kimspikedhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimspikedhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 12:13pm

Hi, I cut my own hair, I even bleach it too!!

I used to go to "Fantastic Sams" to have my hair cut, but once I learned how to use the clippers, then I started cutting it myself. I had always cut my own spikes, but just the sides and back of my hair I couldn't "clipper".

This way it saves me alot of money, and plus if I don't like it, then I'm the only one to blame. haha

I'm sure that the girl who always did my hair, has been wondering where I have been for the past year. haha

She always did tell me that I had cut my hair like an expert

And I told her that if I learned how to clipper my hair myself then I wouldn't be going there anymore, well now she probably realizes that's why I haven't been there in a year. haha

When people come  up to me and say, "Oh I love your hair, who does it??"  And when I tell them that I do it all (cut and color) there mouths just drop open. haha

I would never be comfortable tho to do someone else's hair, if they asked me too, for afraid of screwing up there hair.

Kim

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:28pm

Hi Kim!

Nice to hear from you!;)

I Happy that You've perfected the clippers and bleaching your own hair!

I feel good about doing my own hair too.

It's just so much cheaper and conveient to do your own hair.

Although,.. I do enjoy an occasional hair cut, style, and/ or color, highlight, lowlight, from Mary my Stylist!

Ofcourse That's when I have at least $40.00 to $100.00 to spare, which is Rare!!!

Thanks,..

Take care and God Bless You Kim!

Love, katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 8:51pm
I've cut my own hair most of the year. It's been quite a journey. From highlighted blonde and long-ish, to dyed brown and chin length, to nearly black (very goth yikes!) to finally my natural color. I had to cut off lots of damage, and did most of it myself so that i could preserve as much as possible. My hair is finallyr eally healthy again, soft like normal instead of "poseable" and funky. It is also finally growing. The only cut i have gotten is I got the back a bit "stacked" and now it is growing out perfectly.  I got mono this year and for about 4 months, NO growth! For a girl with ordinarily fast-growing hair, it was a nightmare. I am finally feeling cute again. Hubby started calling me beautiful again so I guess I am finally looking like "myself'.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 3:31am

Hi,

Very nice hannebash!

You go girl!

Congrats on your hubby Loving Your hair, and most importantly YOU!

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic