Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prom Hair Style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prom Hair Style
    Posted: April 20 2001 at 6:24pm
I have long hair down to about my butt. It`s straight, blonde and very thick. And I don`t have bangs. I don`t know how to syle it. I have looked everywhere and asked everyone how to where it. Please help me! Someone here HAS to have SOME idea!
long_hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2001 at 1:04pm
Reply to message: 12.267.1
Maybe you should try this. Put your hair in a ponytail. Then devide the ponytail into two parts. Braid each part. Then, twist the two braids together and put it up in a bun. If you want you stick flowers in it or butterfly clips. Hope it works for you.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2001 at 1:24pm
I design hairdo`s, so I have several ideas for you. Do you want a prom hairstyle type thing or just a day-to-day thing? For day-to-day, the previous suggestion sounded nice. For prom, I would reccomend something I`ve designed (hehe, I have to get them out into the world, now don`t I?) that I call the Real-Hair Snood. You will need a friend, as it`s quite difficult. Here are the steps to create it:
1. Create a bun, but leave sections of hair loose in a circle around it (Hairs should fall all around it so as to hide the bun)
2. Divide these loose hairs in half--one section on each side of the bun, right and left.
3. Braid 4 braids in each side.
4. Take the left braids and cross them over the top of the bun. Pin the braids to the bun, then cross them back over the top again. Pin them to the other side now. Continue doing this until you have no more braids to cross over. This creates your WEFT (weaving terminology. this is the part of a weave that stays in the same place. the other hairs weave through the weft)
5. Take one braid at a time from the right side and weave them through to the right, then weave the same braid back to the left, over under over under until there is no more to weave. Pin the ends of the braids under the weft hairs to make them less visible.

This creates a beautiful bun cover! Add butterfly clips or gems for extra pizazz and off to prom you go
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2001 at 2:53pm
Reply to message: 12.267.1
Maybe you can just put it up in a messy bun. and leave like 2 pieces of hair down by your face and curl it and also on your messy bun, just curl some pieces on that too! :) Good Luck!
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic