Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mid 50’s man needs help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainey73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainey73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mid 50’s man needs help
    Posted: March 28 2006 at 12:54pm
Metallic hair dyes are referred to as progressive haircolors because they progressively turn hair darker and darker upon each application. It will eventually cause hair damage and discolorization. It gives the hair a brittle feel. Camo-grey is very popular at most salons and the cost will be 35 to 50 every 6 to eight weeks. It will look so much more natural and the texture of your hair will improve greatly.
How do you get to where your going if you don't know how to get there??????
businessguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote businessguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 12:25pm

My hair was getting to be a real frizzy mess. I wasn't sure if it was the "just for mens" or not. But since I quit and had a cut, my hair is much healthier looking. I won't use the stuff anymore, thanks!  What is a progressive hair color? Is the camo-grey expensive? Will most salons have it?

Business Guy
rainey73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainey73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 11:17am
There is such a thing called camo-grey that you can have put in your hair at a salon and it will blend your hair nicely. I would not ever use just for men because it is progressive hair color and will eventually destroy your hair.
How do you get to where your going if you don't know how to get there??????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote businessguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 11:06am
Thanks for your reply. The fact that you called it "dye that is fading with natural color showing through it" tells me that there is no term for this (I think). I thought of using a lighter shade, and leaving it in just 2 or 3 minutes, instead of 5. The instructions say leave on 3 minutes if you would like a lighter shade.
Business Guy
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:20am
I don't know if anything that can imitate the "dye that is fading with natural color showing through it" look.  Unless maybe you try a lighter shade of Just for Men?  Happy to help you define terms if there's anything you have questions about.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote businessguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 1:39pm

My real color is almost completely silver/gray. I have been coloring with a "Just For Men" light brown. It was a little dark. Last color was about 8 weeks ago. I was going to go back to my gray hair, but everyone is telling me how great my hair looks at this "in between" stage. I now have some of my silver/gray coming out, and the old coloring is very light.They do blend together quite well. I want my hair to look like it is now.

I have searched the site, but I am not familiar with all the terminology. Anyone that can help?

Edited by businessguy
Business Guy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic