Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shadow for green eyes and liner question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow for green eyes and liner question?
    Posted: August 02 2007 at 9:59pm
I have green eyes and find that I wear a lot of golds and copper eye shadows.  I also like light pinks and shades of green.  I normally only wear eyeliner when I'm dressing up or going out for the evening and whether I put it just on top or on the top and bottom depends on my mood and look.  I also have a green shimmer pencil that I'll also use as liner and it looks great!  Definitely worth trying. 
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:21pm
My eyes are darker green with a hint of brown.  I recently discovered that orange tones are great.  Also, I like using sage green eyeliner.  Everywhere I've read says that you should wear eyeliner on both top and bottom eyelids or just on top, never on bottom only.  I can't do that.  I wear it on bottom only.  If I put it on top, I look like I've been in a fight and have black eyes, even with lighter colors.  Just experiment to find the look you like best and go with that.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 6:42pm
Pinks of any shade work well too.  Also, golds and coppers look beautiful with green and hazel eyes. 
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 3:48pm

I have green eyes, and always wear black and grey/silver colours, purples or bright colours like yellows. 

All I've found didn't work are browns (made my eyes look red and tired), blues and red were none too pretty either.

Personally I never wear liquid eyeliner on my bottom lid, just the top.  I use black liquid eyliner on the top and an eye pencil on the inside of my bottom lid.

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 10:33pm
i would go for eyeshadows that are of similar shade/color to ur eye.. they will highlight ur eyes and bring out the color.. bronze tones would look amazing on u, they will add depth to ur eyes, very dramatic and good for night-wear.... as for liquid eyeliner, depends on what looks best with ur eye shape.. experiment and see.. make sure to use really thin lines though b/c thick lines will make u look very 1930-ish, and that's not cool... go for green or brown eyeliner, purple would look nice as well.. u can also try black, but not in the morning 
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 6:58pm
my green color is light too and changes as well :) thanks for advice :)
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 6:30am
The stuff for green eyes by Almay works pretty well. I really like the liner,
it's not a liquid. The eyeshadow has a purple and two greens. Try the
mascara too. I really enjoy the purple mascara
What shade of green are your eyes? Mine are really light and tend to
change colors, from blueish to a little gray
Good luck & have fun
hairdos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 5:08pm
Hi, hope I can be of some help as I have green eyes also.
I find that lavender, violet, mauves, and light-med. browns work the best to enhance my eyes.
As for eyeliner, I use it on the top lid and the bottom with most emphasis on the top lid. Sometimes you have to experiment to find what works best for you. Goodness knows, I have many times until I found out what works best for me.
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:38pm
i was wondering what is a good eye shadow color for green eyes? and for those of you who use liquid eyeliner do u put it on your top lid only or bottom lid too? Just wondering thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic