Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shedding
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:59pm

I've been having problems with this for months now I've actually come to hate combing my hair because I just don't want to see how much comes out.The last year has been very stressful plus my digestive problems can't be helping I'm using an essential oil blend that other people have been having success with but I don't seem to be getting much of a result.I've got the last four months worth of shed hair in a bag I'll post a photograph of it later so you can decide if I'm over reacting

Do you have any advice for either the shedding or how to deal with a Hiatus Hernia

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 7:38am
I don't know about the hernia, but your doc should be able to advise you if you have any health problems that could cause shedding, or if your shedding is normal. If you are really losing too much, the hair on your head may start to look thinner. He can also do a blood test to find out if your thyroid is okay or if there may be anything else causing it.  If he doesn't find anything wrong, we do lose up to 100 hairs a day normally. I lose that many a day I'd say, and it looks like a TON of hair in the shower and on my brush, but the hair on my head still looks as thick as it always has, so even losing a ton of it can be normal.  If you dye it or chemically treat it, you may also lose more than usual, and that will make it look thinner too.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 10:19am
Hi Nastasska, sorry to hear about the stress and the hernia. I do know that stress can cause excess shedding. Also, are you on any medications for the hernia? Those sometimes can lead to hair loss as well. If your hair loss is more than normal, then I would definitely consult your doctor. Mine was thyroid and stress related, so I am taking MSM and evening primrose oil with good results. Please take good care of yourself and I hope the shedding stops soon.
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:34pm
I was on medication for my digestion but the second one disagreed with me so I'm not on anything at the moment but I am taking Goji Juice which has helped but I still have to be very careful what I eat
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
misso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 10:43pm
I did go through a period when I was stressed and felt emotionally tired,
my hair suffered then, and I was losing more than usual.

overall good health is really essential for healthy hair. A balanced diet and
emotional well being are important.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 6:19pm
Hi Nastasska,

So sorry to hear about your high shed rate.   When I went off Propecia last autumn, my hair shed rate increased quite a bit.  So I upped my vitamin/mineral/herb supplementation until I found the right combination and amount to return the shed rate to "normal."

Do let us know what you try and how it works.
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 4:52am

I've just discovered Mangosteen Juice so I'm hoping it will help my hair and digestion

http://www.storesonline.com/site/1396856/page/514452/Vegetar ians

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 12:57pm
Curious.  This mangosteen juice seems like some sort of cure-all elixir.  Apparently it's a mixture of concentrated fruit juices.  And pricey at $1.40 per serving (Aus or US?).  I'd be inclined to buy and eat the fruits instead.  If you do get it and try it, Nastasska, let us know if it works. k?
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 2:37am
Well I can say that I have way more energy and don't feel half as tired since I started on it
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:57pm
The results are what matters most!  Terrific that it's helping you so much, Nas! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic