Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cool cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cool cut
    Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:33pm
Yesterday while I was getting my hair cut at a salon I couldn't help but notice a very cute young woman getting her hair cut in the next chair.She had a shoulder length bob when she walked in, and showed the stylist a picture that I couldn't see. The stylist asked "are you really sure you want to go this short?" and the young woman said she was sure, to go ahead and buzz it. She wound up getting a very short back and sides cut, with quite a bit of length left on top, about two inches,but the back and sides were clippered almost to the skin. She looked fantastic. The woman cutting my hair told me that very short cuts are starting to come back into style, especially for the younger crowd.I live in upstate New York and would like to hear from people in other parts of the country if short styles are making a comeback.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:45am

Hi,

Yes Here in Madison Wisconsin, especially college students, even others I've noticed some really cute short haircuts!!

I really like the strategic streaks of color too.

I wish my Husband didn't mind me having shorter hair,...then I'd get some fun shorter style, including some streaks of Pink!

I Love Pink!

But, I have given myself lots of short haircuts, and colors too.

I guess it's time I  look my age(35yr.s). Although most people would say I'm 28 to 30yr.s

God Bless them, I'm Happy I stay youthful. I love to walk and dance. Plus I love to eat healthy too!

Thanks for the post,...C'mon everyone, where are you from, and what styles do you notice?

God Bless,...
Katie
UFOKommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UFOKommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:42pm

Katay I have seen a lot of women your age and much older with short hair.  Short vs. long does not make the style age-appropriate.  I can't believe your husband won't let you cut your hair if that is what you want to do!

Anyway I am in NC and I have shoulder-length wavy blonde hair.  I have worn short hair for a few years and I am enjoying having longer hair now.

Styles I notice are short, spikey cuts with bright colors in them; and long one-length hair with a killer dye job (such as blonde hair with black underneath, or dark hair with light blonde streaks).

Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 1:03pm
I too was in NC last week for the Nickelback show.  Wow, what a trip.  I stated in an earlier thread that there seems to be a trend in the Southeast to short hair again for women.  At the show, every version of bob style was covered.  I saw mullets, bowls, pixies and undercuts with ponytails, mostly on teenage girls.  After spending a couple of days in Charlotte, short hair is definitely on the comeback for summer in the South.
I can barely conjure myself out of bed, let alone conjure up the devil.
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 2:01pm

Hi UFO,

I asked my Husband yesterday about pink highlights and he said "sure, whatever you want". By the way, I slowly cut my hair as needed, and my Husband doesn't notice, because it's subtle. P.S. My husband Steve is a loyal, loving man, who doesn't bother me, in fact he likes my fiesty independence!!! It's just that any hair shorter than a bob style, he doesn't like. I love my hair med-short(as it is now). Believe me, I've had the pixie look before, and I look better now.

Thanks for posting,;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 7:40am

Katie,

I been busy to say the least. Finaly get to post some replies today. Last week was a week that seen lot's of cutting. I have to agree that yes short hair is in . For a certain few I don't think it ever left. But yet this past week I had a few clients that came in with  freinds for cuts and trims. I also had a husband and wife who came in and he left with longer hair that she did. I had cut alot of bobs this past week also. One lady had gone from shoulder length to a inverted short bob like the one I had discribed in a past post and she was estatic and happy with the cut. It looked asome on her and she had so many compliments on the cut. I Had a  request for a cut that is like a shag just touching the nape in the back and sides that can tuck behind the ears and very short spikey texturized top. Kinda like the young Pat Benatar look. Pretty neat type of cut that lays very nice. Katie If you like your hair medium short and are happy keep it.  My wife is in the mood to go short agian when the weather gets warmer. she cannot handle the cold on her neck and her ears get cold. I told her to get a hat and she rather long hair in the winter.

Mike   

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:03am

Hi Mikecuts!

Nice to hear from you again! I must say I(and I'm sure others) missed You!!!;)

I'm glad to hear you're busy. Helps make you feel better I bet.:)

I'm also happy to hear about many women and girls going for the short styles. I love Pat Benatar! I also love inverted bobs.

But My sides are too short for an inverted bob yet. And I'm not sure my bangs are long enough for a Pat Benatar look yet either.

I have hair lenght about 2 inches below my ears, and the sides cut just above or at the top of my ears, but it's long looking, and blended. I also recently cut my bangs slanted. So I look even younger, and prettier.

I must say, My hair is more managable now. Plus I don't need any product to style it!! Hooray!!;)

Thanks Mike for posting. I(and "We") all look forward to any and all of your posts!

Happy spring, and Easter, God Bless You!

Katie, in Madison WI.;) 

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 8:08pm

Katie

Way to cut. just remember your hair should never look as if it was just cut. just nip into the ends. A little trick use pinking shears that give the jagged look. Let your hair grow till your ready to cut. Nothing wrong with that. Hey be good and Happy Easter and may god be with youand everybody close to you. I will try and post more often ,I promise

Mike

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 5:26am

Hi Mike!

I need to tell you, yesterday afternoon, I cut the 2 inches off the bottom. I didn't realize that the sides are longer than I thought, soooo; Now my hair looks like an inverted bob style! Hooray! Lots of long hair on top and sides, enough fullness, and natural slight wave, which gives me that "Flapper girl" look, but with a 21st century twist, if you will.

Thanks,....God I've been always wanting my hair to look like this for at least 6 months now!

P.S. My Husband Steve Loves my hair, and most importantly ME!!!;)

He asked me why I kept cutting my hair for the last 3 weeks. I told Steve, "I didn't want to shock you with shorter hair, so that's why I gradually cut it". I told him that my hair is finally the way, I like it. Steve is Happy that I'm happy too.

He did say"this I think is the shortest length you've had since we met." I said,"I know Honey, but I'm 35yr.s, and I've been there done that with the long hair". Now I'm Happy;)

I love my hair now more than ever!!!

Thanks Mike, for being a positive person, and sharing your hair tips with us all. You are obviously very talented Mike.

I'm so Happy to have fun, sexy, easy to care for hair now!;)

Love, Katie;) 

God Bless,...
Katie
kimspikedhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimspikedhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 2:42pm

Katie, Any Pics you want to share with us of your new do?

Kim

Edited by kimspikedhair
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 6:27am

Hi Kim!;)

Nice to hear(and see you too!)

I wish I had either a scanner, or a digital camera, so I could upload a new picture with my new hair.

I will ask my sister in law her name is Kim too.;)

Hopefully she'll help me out.

If not I'll try and describe my self more.

First off, My hair is a natural medium copper red. My hair is cut at the nape short in the back of the bottom. Also, the sides are covering my ears, and even below the ears, closer to the chin, evenly on both sides. I cut my bangs short and slanted towards the right, or left(opps, sorry not sure). So anyway, I use just a bit of gel, to boost the volume. I love wearing black mascara, which makes my green eyes Pop! Also, I use a reddish lipliner, and I love to look like a Betty Boop, pretty young woman!

I have a pretty smile, nice teeth too.

My skin is clear, and fair with some pink in my complextion.

So anyway thats me.

I'm soo Happy to look the way I look. I look and feel younger.

Thanks,...

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 9:14am

Hi all,

Well, My Sister in laws digital camera isn't working now. So, That's one reason I'm not posting a new picture of me with my cool Bob style. I must tell you, my Husband doesn't think it's the best idea to post my picture online.

I must admit I love my annonimity on here, as I am a private person usually.

I love all of you, so forgive me for not posting a picture.

Take my word, I really love, and look great with my new Bob style.

Guess what, My brother in Law, at a house party last night asked me if I got my hair done, I said yes, Jp replied"oh cool looks nice on you".

I mean Jp(my brother in law), is so cool, and I appreciate his flattering comments.

I feel even better, because I cut my own hair into a semi inverted Bob style. And he thought it was professionally done.

Best compliment Ever!!

Thanks,..

Katie

God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic