Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Herbal Washes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herbal Washes?
    Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:13pm
Is anyone here using Herbal Washes instead of shampoo or CO? I'm sort of interested in trying this, but don't know how or where to start. Thanks!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:19pm

HI SK....here is a thread you might find interesting.  I am also very interested in traditional herbal methods of washing (particularly indian herbs) and have only been able to find one pre-mixed herbal wash at an Indian grocer. It was called "Silkeshine". Had all the "right' herbs in there, but then they went and added SLS!!  Grrrr.....

Anyway, maybe go to your local Indian Grocer and see what else they have in there?  Otherwise check out that thread and make up your own concoction (and of course post the results here!)

I think that Anais might also be able to help out here.....???

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:21am
Thanks Rini! I will check it out. I did a bit of searching on LHC, but didn't find that specific thread. I have lots of lavender, rosemary and sage, so was considering doing some kind of regular wash with those herbs as well. I will update when I've experimented a bit.......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic