Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite makeup?
    Posted: April 01 2006 at 9:27am

Hello Everyone!

I must say I can't live without Max Factor Lipfinity (stay put, with sealer gloss) lip color, especially for evening!

Not too expensive, on sale for $6.88 at Target recently. (Here in Madison, Wisconsin.Midwest U.S.A.)

I love Cover Girls "Remarkable" mascara! It was only $3.99! It looks great, and washes off in the shower, so no clumping and long separated lashes, which compliment my Natural Green eyes!

So,...What's your Favorite Makeup?

Thanks,...;)

God Bless,...
Katie
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 9:14pm
i have never found d.s. foundation that matches my skintone/color as well as covergirl's foundations do!! WOW! it's like they made their soft honey shade especially for me... as for mascara, i love voluminous by l'oreal.. other than that, i'm always exploring, i never stick to one line of products.. i love makeup, i just have to try anything new! 

i'm dying to check out the new max factor stuff! but they only sell at certain stores now, so i'm waiting till i get the chance.. i really would like to try their blush.. i would also love to try the pancake makeup, but i have no idea what color would match me! it's confusing, esp that they say color in the container is 1 or 2 shades darker than on skin.. how am i supposed to know which one suits me!!
californiagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 12:41am
I am addicted to CLINIQUE superbalanced. It's a must ave in my bag! My fav mascara is the cheap pink great lashes.... As far as lipstick - I have tried them all and from MAC to wet n wild - I havent had any great luck!!!
Current install: 18" Bohyme 18/22 mixed with 613 -200 microlinks.....pre tipped by me!!! (never again!)
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 5:38am

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry to here You(californiagirl) haven't found a good lipstick.

I usually would buy(and use) L'oreal's "Endless" lipsticks. But since I heard (on the net) that Lipfinity(by Max Factor)  works great, and feels comfortable and lasts through eating, drinking, up to 10 hours. I was hooked. Plus Once Lipfinity, was on sale half off at Walgreens, then even better price at Target too!

My Husband Loves the sealer shiny gloss that comes with any shade of Lipfinity! That way I can Kiss him, and no smudges!;)

In fact for my wedding, I used my Lipfinity(in "Blushing"). The rest of my makeup was professionally done at the salon(after my updo) using "Bobbi Brown" makeup! Very natural, and beautiful, I looked like a star, at least my Aunt thought so. My aunt Jeanne'(who is almost 44yr.s) said I looked beautiful like a marilyn Monroe, wow, what a compliment.

Yup, it takes work(for me) to look glamourous! LOL!

Otherwise(as my Husband Steve would say,and I agree), I have a natural beauty,;) Awww, He's soooo Sweet!!!

Thanks,...

Love, Katie;) 

God Bless,...
Katie
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 1:00am
Fave mascara Clinique's High Impact I am a lipstick a holic I love Maybelline wet Shine/M.A.C./Lancome & Dior the high end all comes from www.strawberrynet.com as lippies as in Dior over here very expensive.
Foundation I am yet to find "The One" but atm using Clinique's  SuperFit but am lucky enough to get away with a swipe of CoverGirl powder :)
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 3:47pm
I would agree with everyone who said Lipfinity! I have been hooked since it first came out...impossible to wear regular lipstick ever again! I have had it last NO LIE 24 or more hours even after swimming! All my friends hate me for it! I guess my lips are never chapped so I never get the flaking that some people get. Also, I posted before but Bare minerals foundation is the bomb except for swimming. And the best mascara I have ever used is Max Factor's 2000 Calorie in rich black waterproof.
Miffny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miffny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 2:48am
Well that's confirmed it I am going to go & buy someMax Factor LipFinity's as I am sick of re-applying.

Thanks Ladies
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 2:17pm

Hi Ladies,

I also like Rimmel's 1000 Kisses lipliner. I love the matte look and it stays put, for a while. That's if I am not in the mood for my Lipfinity.

I remember loving lipsticks and Lipliners since I was 18yrs.

I Love Mascara too! I think I'll buy that 2000 calorie Max factor waterproof Mascara soon!;)

I never wear foundation, powder, or blush.

But,...I loved getting all that done professionally before my wedding!;)

I'm pretty low maintenece. But I've gotta have the Mascara, and Lipfinity, or Lipliners!

Thanks,..

Happy Spring, and Easter, Take care, and I hope You're all looking and feeling great!

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
jlabradors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlabradors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 10:36pm

I found an all herbal makeup. You can get it at Sally's . It's called panadino or something like it. It's the only foundation they sell. I like how it feels very light but stays on.

I put it next to the Revlon's cover stay. They also have all herbal shadows and other blushes. Great stuff! Check it out.

jlabradors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlabradors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 10:43pm
Want to know how to apply killer lip stick no matter what brand? I have been doing make up for 17 years, professionally. First when you apply foundation make sure you put it on your lips. (If you don't ware foundation, start now. )Then make sure you add powder. Mary Kay is the best powder it will not show fine lines. Then use a lip liner a bit darker than your lip stick. Use only matte. Matte lip sticks will make your lips strong looking and dramatic! If you have thin lips use lighter shades. Place the lip liner outside the natural lip line to give the look of bigger lips. If you have big lips but want to thin them out? Add liner within lip line and use darker shades. I hope you will try these tips. I get complements on my make up all the time. Most the time it's not the make up that doesn't work. It's how you apply them. Good Luck!
jlabradors
angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 10:06pm
I love revlon colorstay eyeliner, only eyeliner I will ever wear. I also like bare escentuals especially their eyeshadows and Iman. Although havent seen Iman make up line in awhile so not sure if they still sell it.Clinique has good foundation but I like the mousse stuff by Mayballine. I also like the foundation by bare escentuals.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlabradors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 11:50pm

Hello ,

I say the your skin care is the most important step in make up. If your skin isn't hydrated and cleansed everyday and drink alot of water your make up can looked caked. I love to use all Mary Kay skin care products. I love the color stay foundation. Use a wash cloth to scrub with cleansers unless you have acne, no good. Bye Bye,

jlabradors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic