Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I find this shade of Red?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I find this shade of Red?
    Posted: April 02 2006 at 6:22pm
Can't find it anywhere, but it must exist -

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v664/Wetflame/?action=view &current=dawn.jpg

Feria have a similiar(but more yellow) colour, but isn't Feria very hard to bleach out? Don't want to use anything I can't take out.

My hair still has red/pink in it but it's very faded, so maybe a slightly more yellow dye would work better.
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:08am
The link doesn't seem to work...
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 11:43am
That's because this board is retarded and doesn't display links properly... argh...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/Wetflame/dawn.jpg
Colorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 12:04pm

Hi Rosalie:

What you did you do, and how recently to get to red/pink? Have a pic?

Also, you are talking about the vibrant red in the drawing not the light blond right?

Edited by Colorz
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 1:59pm
My mum's hair colour is like that...she uses L'Oreal Recital Preference shade 7.60 Incandescent Pure Red.  It took her a long time to achieve the shade of almost the box but darker (like your pic)...she bleached her hair white YEEEARSS ago too.

Hope this helps...It's not a bad match...plus the L'Oreal woman will have lights shone on her.

Edited by aubergine
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 2:01pm
I'm wonderring if I can bleach it blonde altogether.

Do you think I could bleach that blonde? There would be a few red streaks in it no doubt but I can dye them a different colour I guess. Keep in mind I haven't washed it in ages, it's actually pretty damn healthy.

Thanks that hair colour above loves to be it! I'll give it a try.

Edited by Rosalie
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 4:08pm
Sure you could get it blonde...it might take more than one go to get those dark roots even with the rest of the hair though...so be careful!

The red you have now isn't a HUGE way away from the colour you want...it just looks a bit worn-out, in need of deeper red tones and refreshment.  Do the bleach if you're positive, but make sure lots of strand tests happen!....then try the dye that my mum uses or something similar (you'll get it easy being in Ireland - I don't think they do it much abroad), it doesn't fade as badly as some dyes too.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 4:18pm
I got some bleach to do it but it was a bit crappy. Is it true that highlighting bleach is higher strength and is more likely to bleach my hair out?

The problem with strand tests is that sometimes you have to mix the bleachi n hte bottle, so you can't keep the mixture.

Will I be able to dye my hair that red AFTER I go blonde?
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 5:53pm
Sure...it'll go bright and intense! :D

It should do anyway.  Perhaps give your hair a couple of days to strengthen with protein treatments and intensive conditioners before you dye the red.  I found that the first time I dyed after bleaching, the colour just rinsed out...
Colorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 11:29pm

Hi Roselie

I'm seeing a bit more intensity and a touch more of a violet red in some (not all) strands of your hair than I think either the drawing or the 7.6 Loreal color looks to me on my computer. Do you want to leave the violet colors that you have there or would you like more of them or less of them? Also something to consider with reds is that they are notoriuos for fading (but I love red). Another thing to think about is that when you touch your roots up if you have more than 4-6 weeks growth, the hair that is warmer by the scalp may take differrently than the hair that is an inch away leaving a band of color that is different. Often I think this is because the skin is generating heat. Some color lines also have complimenting/matching semi or demi colors so you can refresh your length with the same color as the touch up without damaging the shaft to much. That's nice to have with reds as they tend to fade. Your natural color isn't real dark and I don't think you are looking for a dramatic level change so bleaching may be avoidable. One option is to try a red copper, or red orange on the new growth, then mix the same colorant with a filler, (might want to use a lower volume peroxide on the ends) and do the length for the last 10 minutes while the roots are processing. (I just tend to like red oragnes and red coppers more than violets on most people I've seen who don't have an olive tone to their skin, and from the color of your roots I am guessing your not to olive.) The color that is in the drawing and the color aubergine posted look very vibrant but not violet or mohagany. They also both remind me of an old Clairol color called flame (I think it was 33, not sure it has been awhile) Very vibrant color that was mostly used with other colors to add extra red tones rather than using it alone (with peroxide of course).

Edited by Colorz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic