Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any info about benzocaine for waxing??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any info about benzocaine for waxing??
    Posted: April 02 2006 at 9:22pm
hello 

i just came across this numbing product whose active ingredient is "Benzocaine 20%"

is this really enough to numb the pain of waxing in tender areas? i wax my legs and epilate my arms, so i'm used to the slight stinging, but i can never EVER overcome the horrendous pain of waxing underarms or "down-there"... anyone know if this 20% is strong enough to lessen that pain to a simple sting?

i did some research and found that electrolysis people use this concentration to numb their skin before treatment, but i couldn't find any testemonials on how effective the numbing products are.

help!

thanks in advance
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 9:56pm
and another question: would a product containing 4% lidocaine be more effective, or one containing 20% benzocaine be more effective?

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic