Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moisturizer that dont have mineral oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PolkaDottedLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolkaDottedLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moisturizer that dont have mineral oil
    Posted: June 20 2009 at 8:14pm

Bioinfusion's Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion doesn't. I used to use the ORS Olive Oil lotion and I really liked it but I've heard so many bad things about mineral oil so I try to avoid it now.

wwww.youtube.com/PolkaDottedLuv

www.myspace.com/arielle_patrice

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=302973
ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2007 at 12:30am
Alba Organics Very Emollient Leave-in Conditioner or Alba Organics Mango Moisturizing Conditioner.  The best part about them are that they are so thick that you can dilute them with distilled water to make more, if you'd like.  Also, they don't contain any oils, so after you apply one of them you can coat your hair with a layer of one of your favorite oils, like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil.  My favorite one is the Mango Moisturizing Conditioner.  Even though it wasn't made to be a Leave-in conditioner, I use it as one because it contains all-natural ingredients and it can't harm your hair.  You can purchase them at Whole Foods or any Health Food supermarket near you.  Hope I helpedSmile
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
http://public.fotki.com/ccmuffingirl/
itsanobsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsanobsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 8:05pm
ORS Olive Oil does have mineral oil
Kayelpe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayelpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 11:48am
Nature's Prescription M.I.S.T Daily Replenishing Moisture Lotion does not contain mineral oil or water like most others. It's made with an ALOE VERA GEL base! It's the best moisturizer I've ever used. You can order it at www.rxshampoo.com

Edited by Kayelpe - September 13 2007 at 11:50am
Kayelpe
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 1:47pm
S-curl is the bomb. You can find it at all BSS and it is really affordable
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
kathyblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 6:08pm
Alba leave in conditioner. I bought mines at Wholefoods.

MY mother bids me bind my hair
With bands of rosy hue,
Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
And lace my bodice blue.

http://public.fotki.com/kathyblack/
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 7:47pm
S-curl and care free curl activator mosturizer

Edited by MsMiamiLady - June 29 2007 at 7:47pm
nickyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 1:12pm
yes mizani has mineral oil and petrolatum in Rose H2o
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 12:58pm
check the products www.naturallycurly.com sells. I think they are "anti-mineral oil!"
I'm in!
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 10:48am
I use Jamaica Mangoe and lime moisturizers they are water based and very good.
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:45pm
what about mizani Rose H20, the intensive moisturizer treatment definitely has mineral oil in it..but  does the yellow creme?
some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 1:57pm
Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea Tree moisturizer.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 11:37am
Neutregena silk touch leave in
Hair album
pw:Romeo
yungteddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yungteddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 5:19pm
i agree with wishe get da carrot oil
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 10:08am
Also if I am not mistaken the green label and the either the orange or the yellow label of the Creme of Nature hair dressing cream doesn't contain mineral oil.
libragoddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libragoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 2:42pm

Africas Best Oragnice Horsetail& Rosemary Hair Vitalizer

Optimum Over-Nite Strengthener

Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2006 at 8:06pm

Cantu line

BB Castor Oil & Aloe Vera lotion

Elasta QP Mango Butter

ORS Olive Oil Lotion

ORS Carrot Oil

Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cream

Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cream

Africa's Best Organics line (not the regular Africa's Best, look for their organics line)

African Royale Hot Six oil

I think Silk Elements Revive & Restore All In One Root Penetrating Oil or Silk Elements Revive & Restore Anti-Breakage Hair Repair Crème or Silk Elements Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme falls under this catagory but read to make sure.

This is a short list but there are plenty.

ETA: I just remember that Profectiv line and the Strength of Nature line is free from the chemicals you are trying to avoid.

Edited by Champagne_Wishe
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 4:58pm
cantu daily oil moisturizer =) this doesnt have petroleum, mineral oil, paraffin or mineral jelly =)

Edited by deexox
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 12:42pm
Plz im looking for one that i can get from a store that doesnt conatin mineral oil as i have said before i am currently using optimum hair and scalp quecher and it contains paraffin thats  a kind of mineral oi so any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic