Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Botox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Botox
    Posted: April 06 2006 at 3:53pm
Pros/Cons??? Personal experiences, costs, horror stories....anything good or bad....THANKS
californiagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 6:25pm
I get it every 6 months and love it! I have severe forehead wrinkles and it helps!!!
Current install: 18" Bohyme 18/22 mixed with 613 -200 microlinks.....pre tipped by me!!! (never again!)
PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2006 at 8:48am
works wonderful. Not too painful. I have gotten in forhead and eye area a few times. wish i had the money to do it again now lol
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 4:53pm
I'm one of the very few people that it doesn't work on. It lasted 3 days.
I had a procedure, that's permanent. The doctor cut the muscle that causes the frown line. It's better, but not smooth.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 11:37am
I have been thinking about trying Botox. I've heard that the average cost (at least a few years ago) is/was $500/injection. Is that true? How long do the effects last? (6 months?). After the effects wear off does your skin return to pre-treatment appearance? The only thing I am afraid of is the risk of facial drooping, that would be just my luck!
Follow Your Bliss
hhhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 9:13pm
Hi. I was also thinking about trying b otox. But I heard from people that while it work for certain wrinkles, other wrinkles develop. I do not want to end up with more wrinkles after 6 months. Could anyone with personal experience give me any advice?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 9:28am
It cost me about 250.00 for one area. I have had eyes and forhead done. Every third visit was only 150.00. I am in NC. It lasted 3-4 months and your face went back to normal after the injections would wear off. No more new wrinkles. It can be addicting. You get used to not having wrinkles
http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 2:06pm
I heard it will eventually permanently get rid of those eye and forehead wrinkles.  I spoke with a plastic surgeon and he told me they tend to lose customers for awhile after a few treatments.  I hope that is true.  I have been thinking of trying it myself but the expense is keeping me away.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:32am
Originally posted by demodoll demodoll wrote:

I heard it will eventually permanently get rid of those eye and forehead wrinkles.  I spoke with a plastic surgeon and he told me they tend to lose customers for awhile after a few treatments.  I hope that is true.  I have been thinking of trying it myself but the expense is keeping me away.

Really? Interesting. I feel the same way about the cost. Perhaps in a few years-and after a few more trials with wrinkle creams-I'll take the Botox plunge.
Follow Your Bliss
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:49am
I also have some worries about long term side affects.  The FDA doesn't seem to be testing drugs as well these days and where I live in south Florida some people got bad botox and it nearly killed them.  They look really terrible now and they were pretty attractive before the botox.  I hear stuff about people having problems with drugs they took years later and I don't want to be one of them.  Botox is a poison so it does worry me.  Is it worth the risk just to try to stop the aging process (which is not really possible in the long run)?  But then, on the other hand, I am 50 years old and I hate what is happening to my face and body!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 8:16pm

Where is Botox generally used on the face, on the forehead and eyes?

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 9:12am

I think it is mainly used around the eyes and forehead.  I have also heard of it being used under the arms to prevent sweat stains.

hAiRjUnKiE247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hAiRjUnKiE247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2006 at 9:59am

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT..It works wonders. I get it for my forhead nothing more and I have no complaints. except for the fact it doesn't last too long on me : (

I'm addicted..to hair extensions wheeee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 10:29am
Just got it done again and it this time it worked even better. Now my 4th time I think. I waited a while since last visit in December 05. takes years off!
http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 4:35am
A friend of a friend had her "between the eyes" wrinkle done, shes had it done so often that its pretty much permanent now lol
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 1:22pm
 i have had it done for the between-the-eyebrows (glabella) frown lines as well as the crow's feet area and honestly, i feel like it does take years off..my sister hadn't seen me for a few months and last time commented on how i don't have any wrinkles..so i shared. i don't like the "expressionless" face and still feel expressive getting just these areas treated, and probably will never get my forehead lines done for that reason. it's about $250/area where i go, and it lasts a good three months with gradual fading till gone at about 4 months. love it love it love it.
mia23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mia23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 1:14pm
I want to tighten my eye area
donutloose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donutloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2006 at 6:41pm
I have it too and think its great, i originlly had it to try and improve a facial tic round my eye, only improved that abit but made my eye area appear much smoother so now will continue for that reason! it prevents the signs of ageing after you stop then you will return to the way you were before the treatments, no more wrinkles, my doc told me that the reason some people  have the startled effect is because they left it too late to treat so then have to have alot put in so starting earlier is better .
Darling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2006 at 1:07pm
Tongue I had my first botox experience about 6 months ago.  The area above my eyes had always sagged over my lids, making me look tired.  I recieved 24 units of botox around my eyes ,which i could barely feel , and in 24 hours i looked better than i have ever looked...Botox rocks, period!  It is about $15 a unit...and worth every penny. 
ilovemyself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovemyself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 2:51am
Hi

Scottish guy age 22 I get botox injections in my legs . helps me keep going like car oil in a car. without them i would be in a wheelchair. have been in a wheelchair few times not good.

pretty expensive procedure hurts a little bit too. I dont do it to make me look better is more of a necessity other than a luxury.

i believe its totally wrong for men and woman to go through this just to look better have you people not heard of natural beauty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic