Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gnarls Barkley Added To Lollapalooza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gnarls Barkley Added To Lollapalooza
    Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:28pm
Gnarls Barkley Added to Lollapalooza; Debut Album Set For May
April 2006

As fans anticipate the release of their collabo album St. Elsewhere, Gnarls Barkley (consisting of Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo) are making their rounds, performing at two major music festivals in the coming months.

The pair has already been added to the line-up of April 30th's Coachella musical festival in Indio, California, alongside the likes of Madonna, Digable Planets, The Go! Team and Tool, among others.

And now, the duo has announced that they are set to perform on the main stage of this year's Lollapalooza concert on August 5th at Chicago's Grant Park. Gnarls Barkley will join an A-list roster of performers including Kanye West, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flaming Lips, The Strokes to name a few.

The two artists announced their plans to collaborate on an album in April 2005 (see
"Cee-Lo Speaks On Collabo Album With DJ Danger Mouse"). And according to Cee-lo, the combination was perfect.

"We are the perfect combination," said Cee-Lo last year. "This album is one of the best platforms for me to express all of me. I get to expand my range and hit all categories from Urban, Crossover, Pop, and Rock & Roll."

In addition to the major shows lined-up, Gnarls Barkley will be dropping the first single "Crazy" for St. Elsewhere on April 10, followed by the album's release on May 9 on the Downtown/Atlantic label.

To hear "Crazy" and the track "Go Go Gadget Gospel," visit
Myspace.com/GnarlsBarkley.

— Jay Casteel
http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/58694817/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic