Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

weird skin color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Dr. Unorthidox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weird skin color
    Posted: April 11 2006 at 3:28pm

My normal skin color ranges from really light brown to whitish yellow.....

but as of lately....

I have been turning........

GREEN!!!

A couple years ago I noticed this but I ignored it.....now it's more noticable....I do have a green birth mark....but this should not have anything to do with it......and sometimes I don't turn green for months.....

So my question is.....

Is this normal to turn a shade of green or am about to turn into The Hulk or something? 

Edited by Dr. Unorthidox
This user has left to find something he has never found..Bye!!!
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 2:15pm
I would consult with a doctor ASAP.  I knew of a girl with a greenish birthmark when I was in elementary school.  Haven't seen her in about 15 years or so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 8:51pm

*Gulp*

Doctors say I am one of the healthist men around cause I don't mess around.......

I vaguely remeber my grandmother on my dads side of the fam say it has to do with indians and royalty?

I don't feel like a king or chief.....

I guess from your post that I am abnormal..........maybe I am an alien.....hahaha let me stop playing around......

It's just weird and I am the only one I know that does this.....

I have other weird symptoms of stuff....

Like....

I get a strange hunger to eat meat.......mostly beef......

Other than that, I have no clue.......

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 9:06pm
lol i'm a meat-eater.. but i kept eating meat until i got into a not-so-cool problem , so i'm going for a healthier diet now 

anyway, about ur green tint, it could be ur undertone showing through due to something in ur diet or style of living... i know my skin reacts to yellow tints, as i am golden/tan/olive.. it's known, for example, that eating more than 15 or so baby carrots a day will increase yellow tones in your skin... perhaps it's the same with u... or it might be ur exposure to the sun

all-in-all, i don't think it's anything particularly dangerous.

i'm wondering, though, if this "green" is a mix of blue coloration on yellow/golden skin... blueness may indicate poor blood circulation, and that's not very good
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 9:09pm
uhhh wait.. i searched online and found http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&a mp;db=PubMed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=11990922

it's some medical abstract titled "Green skin discoloration associated with multiple organ failure."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 9:29pm

No, all my organs are working fine........

It's not a sex related issue cause I don't have sex (yes I know it's strange hearing that from a male)

I don't smoke or drink

I exercise ALOT and I do eat my veggies, especially spinnage....please don't say that is turning me green LOL

Now I want a 4inch thick grilled steak surrounded in onions and mushrooms

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 10:23pm
well i never mentioned sex lol... but i haven't read that medical paper, if that's what ur referring to

and please don't mention steak when i'm around, i miss it so much .. i haven't had one in like a month or so

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 8:31am

*While eating the left over steak he grilled up last night*

Awww.......I'm sorry.........are you a veggietarian now? Or you just haven't had it in a while?

The topic was about dirty feeding tubes turning people with mutiple organ failure green.......from what I can remember.

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 3:37pm
eww gross  sorry u had to read that, my fault 

and no, not a vegetarian, just have to eat less meat and more fruits/veggies now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 9:40pm

Don't worry I read/seen alot of grosser things......

Parabella mushrooms taste just like steak.......I love em!

Here is my diet....

Breakfast

I grill (Charcoal grill, I hate gas grill)

2 thick sasage patties, 2 scrambled eggs, some extra sharp cheese and a beagel to make a sandwich, some times I add a hashbrown or two....

Lunch

I make two packs of beef odles of nodles with shrimp and spinnage

Topped with terriyachi (Preferably garlic terry)

Dinner (this may kill you)

I grill

Beef hotdogs

Beef ribbs slathered  in barbeque sause

Steaks porkchops barbeque and of course CHICKEN wings! You know I can't forget that

The only veggies I eat is corn rice potatoes mushrroms and onions....

I can burn all those calories cause I work like a lumber jack and I am making a dam for our personal pond.

I think it is the way I eat that could be turning me green.....

Can you help me.......Please?

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 9:56pm
ummm, that's a lot of meat there buddy! go easy on urself 

anyway i hope someone gets back to u on ur issue soon, i'm no expert by any means, sorry i couldn't help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 10:11pm

Told ya.......I am a big time carnivore.......

I was refering to my diet.....I was wondering what is your........then I could compare....

I could have a build up of protein.........I don't know......

Maybe it is just how unique I am I guess........(Why couldn't I have super powers or something) bah.....

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 6:35am
my diet!  ur funny... i'm very spontaneous about my eating.. all i can tell u is that i don't eat a lot.. just two meals early in the day and that's about it, maybe a snack later or something-- as in a fruit or so, nothing big.  everyday, though, i take about 6 capsuls of 100% fiber supplement and 2-3 fruits that are high in fiber (usually plums, oranges, whatever)... i can't eat anything unless it has some type of meat in it, but that's just b/c i like meat, nothing the doctor suggested lol.  i try to lessen my meat intake for breakfast, though.

anyway, i advise u revise ur diet and eat a bit less meat b/c ur digestive system will "overload" after a while, and believe me u don't wanna reach that stage.. it's pretty painful

enjoy the day, and eat well .. i'm off to study for a quiz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 7:52am

hehehe....thanks....

Good luck on your quiz..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 9:44pm

I found out why I turn green......

I went to the doctor and he said I qualify as an black albino! He said that my top layer is lightskined but my underskin is albino. I still kinda don't believe him but what choice do I have but to goto another doctor? When I was born, I was so lightskinned that they mistake me as an asian child (Cause my slanty eyes lol) But no one ever diagnosied me as being one! Can blacks even BE Albino? Whatever it is, as long as it is not an health issue, I am okay with it.

Oh and the meat eating thing came from when I was youger and chubby, I starved my self almost to death and my body was eating vital protiens so now it is trying to replinish it's self......

*Sigh*

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 10:16pm
1. thanks for wishing me luck on the quiz 

2. i'm glad there's nothing wrong with u

3. i don't know how, but reading one of ur threads made me think u were native american.. and now i'm guessing ur african american?? lol i'm confused

and

4. yes, dark skinned people can be albino

5. yeah, u will always crave what ur body is missing in nutrients.. enjoy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 10:32pm

I am mixed up with lots of races.

I am African all over with asian eyes, white people widows peak, indian/african/asian hair. Skin color is black, Lightskined Black........My mom is 85% black 5% asian 10% indian My Dad is 55% black 20% indian 25% white.

I just call my self black since that is what they both are. LOL

Thanks.......never had someone outside my family that seemed concerned about me........I live in a rough racist place sooo......you cant expect much love........

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 8:46am
that is such an interesting mix!

and oh, u r most welcome  ... didn't know such places still exist, just live ur life as best u can, and when u find a chance to move go for it.. take care 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 8:11pm

You take care as well.

I am guessing you are black from your name caramel? I could be terribly wrong......

Your very nice person....I am sure your boyfriend/husband appreciates you.......

palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 9:23pm

Yeah i have a problem liek that...except i dont eat a lot of meat...

And that my skin is like purple-ish on the sides of my arms...my firneds thought it looked so wierd they asked me if i was in pain....

i dont know what it is...btu im def getting it checked out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic