Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: feet
    Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:32pm
ok, so i hate my feet!

actually, i like the way they look, as in the "form/shape," but i hate the skin on 'em ... i've done everything to soften those pesky little patches of dry skin, but nothing works all the way..

i wear high heels, a lot, which puts weight on certain spots of the foot and the skin grows tougher to support such pressure and increased activity... but i won't lie, i also ignored my feet quite a bit this winter, so i'm left with dry skin patches over pressure spots..

i've been working with a pumice stone... what else should i do? what's the best source of moisture for that area (lotion, oil, vaseline, etc.)?  and what can i do to spead up the exfoliation process? tell me about ur pedicure regimen.

thanks in advance
Dr. Unorthidox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 9:06pm

I recomend "Aquaphor Oringinal Ointment" from the makers of Eucerin.

I had a very dry skin on my elbows (So dry that it hurt) A couple days with this stuff cleared it up instantly. It's been 7 years since then and it still haven't returned...

I hope this helps.....

This user has left to find something he has never found..Bye!!!
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 9:53pm
i will check it out.. but i have used that lamisil ointment stuff before, it sucks, it's just vaseline and water 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 10:04pm

This stuff worked for me..........My dry spots pained worse than an rug burn....

It should work for you, but there is a chance things won't be the same.......They may have changed to formula....

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 6:27am
well i'll check it out anyway, maybe it'll work.. thanks 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 8:01am
No problem.....the least I could....
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 10:24pm
i went and checked out aquaphor, and the active ingredient was petrolatum.. which is petroleum jelly, and i've got plenty of that.. so i was like naah, won't do much for me..

i ended up buying a callus remover and skin file and this spa foot night treatment thing.. i used the tools then applied the cream and put on a pair of socks... and now i have just gorgeous feet love 'em!

i can't believe i was so stupid not to think of this before

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Unorthidox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 10:46pm

Don't call yourself stupid cause your smarter than I am!

Sorry I should have posted the ingredients.......

Looking at the bottle now it says

Active ingredient: Petrolatum

caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 8:49am
oh no, it's perfectly fine.. i was just surprised by the fact, it's kind of a rip-off i think, since a jar of vaseline is cheaper than a tube of aquaphor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic