Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nobody thinks I can grow my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nobody thinks I can grow my hair
    Posted: October 14 2002 at 8:19am
I had bra-length hair from the time I wa 13 until I was 17. The only reason I cut it then was b/c of a hair color that went wrong. After stripping my hair of all its color and re-dying it, I had to cut it. My hair was so badly burnt, I couldn`t do anythiing with it. Now my hair is just above my shoulders in back with my shortest layer in front right past my chin. I am 19 now and determined to grow my hair long again. The problem: Everyone is just waiting for me to cut it short again. No one seems to believe that I will let it grow long. People are constantly asking me when I`m gonna get it cut again and I feel like screaming. My mom, husband, and my best friend are the only ones that are supportive. When I ask the others why they aren`t supportive this is there reply:" We think you would look great with long hair again, but it takes time and patience to grow hair. You will eventually get tired of trying to grow your hair and cut it short again so you don`t have to fool with it. " Why can`t they just be supportive?
Does anyone else have or has had this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Rubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 10:11am
Follow your desire ! Don`t be bothered by other`s opinion.
Be sure that your hair is in good state now and let it grow. You can cut only the bad part of your hair if necessary, to start with the best condition.

If it`s already right , then continue to let it grow.
If it`s your real desire to have long hair, you`ll find in yourself the support to continue.

Don`t color your hair again, if possible, don`t blow dry , be gentle with the brush and treat your hair like silk.

Good luck !
Maybe , I'll make mistakes in my sentences, I usually speak French. But this site is great and I love it !
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 1:33pm
Hey! If you want to grow it long, go for it! Do what will make you the happiest... I don`t know who keeps tellin you that you should cut it, but I have a theory.... if its mostly other girls telling you, it could be a little bit of jealousy. Maybe they were jealous of it before you cut it the first time. A little story for you; my friend Jennie has gorgeous long straight hair halfway down her back. Its about as pretty as hair can be. But a lot of girls at school are always telling her to cut it (oh, you`d look so cute with short hair...it would frame your face so much better...you know, long hair isn`t `in` right now, you should update your look), but I notice that none of them have pretty long hair like Jennie does, and I think that, if they can`t have hair like hers, they want to cut out some competition. Fortunately she doesn`t listen to them :) Anyway, do what YOU want with it. Hey, if you grow it out and decide you don`t want it long anymore, you can always cut it again. So, good luck, and remember its YOUR hair!
Love, Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
Shian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2002 at 7:53pm
Thank you so much for all of your advice and support. I really need it. Most of the ones telling me to cut my hair are girls with short hair, so you are probably right. They probably are jealous. I AM gonna grow it long again. It`s my decision, not theirs. Thank you everyone, for helping me out and being my friend.

luv,Shian
gh27 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2002 at 4:54pm
Hi Shian, yes grow it as long as you want. Don`t let others dictate how you should wear your hair. Hope you get all the long hair you desire! Look out short-haired ladies, long-haired Shian is here.....Gary
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2002 at 9:05am
Go for it! I think now you will become more inspired to grow your hair, not only because you have something you can prove, but because you have support from us.

Happy growing!
Natural since Nov 6, 2004
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2002 at 1:40pm
A little advice to boost your spirits and strengthen your resolve to grow your hair.........ADORN IT.

Buy a really pretty clip or decorative pin and treat your hair like something special as it grows out.

People will get the message that you treasure your hair and that it is more special to you than anything they may think.

If anyone criticises or says anything against your hair...stroke it and smile, and make it clear to them that their words are in the gutter and your crowning glory is reaching for the stars.

Love

Uzma
Uzi

Anne-Loes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anne-Loes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2002 at 4:21pm
Hi Shian,

Follow your own desire. Aren`t it mostly girls with short hair with advises to cut your hair. According to my experiences you should follow your own ideas and let your hair grow. I`m so happy that I took that decision and of course I got the same ""advises" before I really let my hair grow. At a certain moment everyone knows that you have long hair and that long hair is a part of your personality. Go for it!
How long do want to get your hair?

Anne-Loes
Anne-Loes
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2002 at 5:35am
I Think that lots of people who are growing out their hair, get the urdge to cut it everyonce in a while. But that doesn` t mean that you have to. Both Long and short hair has its advantages, but i like my long hair, and i am continuing to grow it out. For those people who are not supportive to you, just ignore their comments. When your hair is long and nice *not colored!* they won`t have too much to say about it.

I had a bad hair color experience too about 4 years ago. I went to the hairdresser, and she stripped it and deeply conditioned it. I Didn`t have to cut any of my length off, I just had the edges trimmed. I was very lucky.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic