Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you need help on prom hair..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweet&sour View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet&sour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you need help on prom hair..
    Posted: June 07 2002 at 2:55pm
If you guys need help on how to do formal

hair..feel free to ask.
Aileen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 12:20pm
Ok I need help! Please. My school formal dance is in less than a week, my hairdressing appointment is at five o clock and I am to be at a friends house for half past six. I havent organised a trial run because the hairdressers is too busy. So I have no idea how I want my hair put up. Just about every day I have my hair scraped back into a messy bun. I don`t know what else to do with it. I want something quite different for the dance. my hair is shoulder length light brown and I want it to look sexy but elegant to go with my long black dress. My sister suggested twisting it up and having curls hanging loose but i am unsure if this would suit my face shape. I really dont know what to do. Any advice would be welcome. Please feel free to send any pictures or photographs of suggestive styles to my email address. Thank you !!!!!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet&sour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2002 at 1:29pm
Here are few hairstyles you can do:

1. French twist your hair and bring the hair up and
then make curls all around. Sorry I know how it looks like but I`m having a bit of trouble explaining the style.

2. Make a ponytail and then twist it into a bun. Put some kind of flower at the side of your hair.

3. Make a half up ponytail (don`t tie it with anything yet), and then divide the half up ponytail into two and then take the right half up ponytail and place it over the left half up ponytail and then take some kind of hair accessory to hold half up ponytail. Then make the `down` hair curly but not very curly.

4. Use a rhinestone headband to secure the front. And then section the back and put in small ponytails all over, then wrapped hair around the base and leave the hair tousled and wild.

Janice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2002 at 5:21am
I like that idea with the whole curl thing.. but this is my suggestion have your straight and then curl every other section but do what you please on that so I don`t know what you like is what you should do.
Morson View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2002 at 12:24pm
Hey I need help!!!
I got chin lenght hair and its a bit shorter in the back it`s thick and straigth...I don`t know what to do with it for prom....can u help me?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet&sour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2002 at 9:02pm
Hope it`s not too late but if I were you, I would make the hair all curly in thin curls all over the head .. thick curls are like curls with thick hair but thin curls are curls made using only small amount of hair. And then put it half up and half down using some kind of clip and put gems on your curls. Hope this helps!
You Guess View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Guess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 8:55am
Hey, I`m a guy who is partnering a girl for prom, and I have a bit of a dilemma, I have reasonably long hair, about to the bottom of my shoulder blades, any ideas on what I should do?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet&sour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2002 at 2:49pm
I think you should do something like cornrows until the end of your hair. I know how it looks like but again, I`m having trouble explaining it. Hope this helps!
suggestion View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suggestion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2002 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by You Guess You Guess wrote:

Hey, I'm a guy who is partnering a girl for prom, and I have a bit of a dilemma, I have reasonably long hair, about to the bottom of my shoulder blades, any ideas on what I should do?

cut it short then spike it up
Therese View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Therese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2004 at 8:16pm
i need to know how to do this hairstyle - it looks totally awsome. prom is this weekend! HELP! could you email me if you know how to do it?
Ginny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 9:06pm
OH MI GOSH!

I have the exact same hairstyle picked out and i have no clue how 2 do it either! If someone emails u the instructions PLEASE foreward a copy to me at princessginny89@yahoo.com it would mean a lot 2 me
needhairhelp237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needhairhelp237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 9:23am
I love that hairstyle too i'm so sorry to do this but could you possibly send them to me also??
>meghan<
Kristina18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristina18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 6:08pm
and me too. I have many emails, fairyeyes2005@hotmail.com and dustysangel@gmail.com those r the main ones
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 8:50pm
Guys, bad news. This was posted a year ago by somebody who has -2 posts, so I assume she not only no longer posts, but was never a member. Better go back to looking for yourselves.
flirtygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flirtygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 5:32pm

I want my hair to be kinda pushed back like in cornrows or twists in the front then really curly in the back but I cant find any pictures like that.. If you can help me out that would be great!

Here is a picture of me and my hair... If you can find a better idea that would be great!

You can aim me at NaughtyAngel600 if you want..
THANKS!

Lesley
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 5:50pm
Sure. Go to a salon that specializes in African-American hair styles to get your cornrows in the front. If your hair is thick, you can curl the back, either with a curling iron or set it in rollers, but if it is fine, you might want to have some curly hair braided into the back for thickness.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic