Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair dresser DESTROYED my hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bellezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair dresser DESTROYED my hair
    Posted: April 18 2006 at 2:50pm

I wanted to know if anyone can help me. I went to a hair salon to get my hair permed. They said my hair would take the perm beautifully and that it wouldn't hurt it. The lady who did my hair was very negligent. My hair got fried and she also cut almost 5 inches off even though i said not to cut it at all. I got up to leave and got my fingers burned on her straigtener. When i left my hair was still wet,so i couldnt actually see how badly damaged it was. I went back to the salon today (the next day) with a video on my cell with the date that showed what my hair looked like. The lady started yelling at me and all of hair dressers told me i was lieing. After she screamed at me in front of everyone the manager told her to move away. Very unprofessional. Now my hair is beyond damaged. I cannot even put my fingers through my hair. If anyone knows how i can go about sueing and what i need to do please respond. Thank you

Stephanie
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 3:33pm
well when she was cutting off the hair didnt u tell her to stopi means u can obviously see if shes cutting off 5 inches of ur hair~as for the perm that was your decision and it was probably not the stylists falt unless it was only her that did the perm badly. perms may not just go well with ur hair. as for your fingers getting burnt well im sure that was an accident~ i do agree with you though that the stylist yelling at you was very unprofessional and she should probbaly be fired or demoted
Bellezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 6:35pm
Spikey
lol No, i could'nt see that she was cutting all of my hair off. How can i see in the back of my head? It it not hard to cut a straight line, she had to be lisenced.. so she should know not to chop my hair unevenly at that. She is a hairdresser. I am supposed to be able to trust that she is going to do a good job. The perm got mest up because she was'nt paying attection to my hair as she was supposed too. She was too busy talking to and about other people. My hair is still ruined from that and it was in April. All she had to do was apologize. It was well needed. You must be a "hairdresser" lol
Stephanie
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 9:17pm
well im sure i could tell if someone was cutting off too much of may hair or even some when u said not to cut any, and im not a hairdresser im a 15 year old teenagerbut ur pic right now looks good iand if thats current thewn y u complain?
Bellezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 11:20am
She said she'd take only 1 inch off so that it would curl... and she took off 5 and it didnt curl. Yeah nice pic huh? ITS NOT MY HAIR. ITS FAKE. i can't even get a brush through my hair with 30$ conditioner. thanks for your input though. haha
Stephanie
spikey485 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey485 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 2:56pm
wow youre screwed! i wouldnt bother trying to sue right now just try to get some help
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 6:54pm
Thats so horrible Belleza. I would definitely pursue this.Dont wait any longer.I personally would try to contact the owner.Noone likes to hear complaints on their employees.You should be  refunded at the very least.

Alot of the times they will offer to fix it,but I'm sure at this pint you would be afraid to go back there.And the stylist is wrong any chemical service is going to be damaging on hair.Even virgin hair.

What condition was your hair in before the perm?
Bellezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bellezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2006 at 8:51pm
longhairdreams
my hair perfect before my perm. I only permed it because i was growing it and it was at the point where it didnt do anything. so i figured if i permed it, it would have body and the length would still be there under the curl. I want to pursue it, only because i think she should lose her lisence. I've heard from 3 other people that she also damaged their hair very badly too.
Stephanie
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 1:33pm

I cant beleive she ruined virgin hair.

I would get together with the other people who's hair she ruined and take it to court.Its obvious from her lying and resistance to accept responsibility that she just doesnt care.If they wont fix it then definitely pursue it.Good luck.I hope you get the compensation you deserve. 
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2006 at 9:03pm
Document everything...
  • Collect photos of your hair before the perm and cut as close to the incident to document it's condition and length.
  • Take photos of your hair after the incident.
  • Collect affidavits from witnesses; people who will attest as to the condition of your hair before and after. 
  • It may be helpful to go to another salon and ask them if they would be willing to provide an assessment of your hair that you could use in court (expert testimony).
  • Get the name of the stylist, manager, owner and any witnesses present in the salon when you received your services.
Decide what you want from them to remedy the situation.  Then, contact the owner of the salon and explain (calmly) what happened and tell them what you expect via certified mail.  Just the facts Ma'am...  This will be something you'll want to be able to show a judge.  ...no vulgar language.  ...no false or unreasonable claims.

If their response is not acceptable to you, file a small claims action against them.  Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a report.  You may also be able to register a complaint against the stylist and the establishment with the cosmetology licensing authority in the state where the services were provided.  Rules and procedures vary from state to state.

Remind the manager, owner, stylist, et al (nicely, calmly) that they can either make this right or not.  If they choose not to, you will excercise one or more of the options noted above.  In addition, advise them that you will be a walking, talking billboard and you will be certain to tell everyone you know and even those you don't about your experience at their establishment. 

How you conduct yourself in this matter is important.  I know you may be upset but you must remain patient and civil.  Document everything.  You must be able to prove everything you claim.  It is important to remember that you must be truthful in your encounters with this business and in your accounts of the hair disaster when telling others.  If you lie or exaggerate your claims, you will discredit yourself and you will not prevail.  In addition, the salon may take action against you.

Good luck,

-Rocky

Edited by Rocky - July 13 2006 at 9:13pm
yanetfashions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yanetfashions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 5:01pm
I agree with Rocky
Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic