Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why The Price Diff.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bluskygf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluskygf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why The Price Diff.
    Posted: April 18 2006 at 7:43pm
Ok I am down to these two and I want to know why one is more expensive than the other (they are on the same web site)......   Silky Straight Remy Human Hair machine weft 18inch long @84.00 1/4 lb

Euro Remy Silky Straight by Bohyme machine weft
18 inches long @120.00 for 1/4 lb

is it because of the name bohyme or is the hair truly better quality?

Also I would like to know who loves the hair they have? no tangles ect. ect. I am looking for the colors 14/22 or 18/22 is my second choice anyhow ............Thank you
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 9:14pm

What site are you looking at?

Bohyme is really good. And generally gets consistantly good reviews. I dont know what other hair you are looking at.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:09am

At the hair shop I go to in MI they have two brands of Bohyme. One is the gold brand and the other is a lesser quality I would compare it to hairpeice.com By the way the store by we just went on line I think its www.leebeauty.com but i will check on that. The price of there bohyme gold at the store is allways 20. less that otheres.

Ok I fixed the link

Edited by marie87
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:15am
Im confused.....Ive never heard of a lesser quality of Bohyme. Are you sure its authentic Bohyme?
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:25am

I just bought some the other day And yes it has real full tags that say bohyme remy hair. They have  this for a long time. The colors are diferent than the gold line and the package isn't as nice as the gold. Bohyme has a few diferent lines like black dimond to name another.It's good for my clints who like hair peice because I can tip it myself and get them alot more hair for there money.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 6:30am
What I don't like about there site is they don't say if the bohyme is the gold or not that is being sold on line. I will say something to them when I go there thursday and find out. At the store I pay 89. For french refine 14 inch and 100 for 18 inch straight this is the gold not the lesser brand. I bought 18 inch of the lesser in a body wave for 69.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:12am

wow that is a good price for Bohyme. I wonder what the 22 inch Bohyme gold sells for in the store?

Looks like a decent price on the Bohyme. Although the prices of some of there other extension suppliers are really HIGH (online)

I guess I didnt realize that Bohyme had a lower priced line.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:23am
Yep there prices have allways been better than online but the shells are cheeper elsewhere. I love this store thogh you should see it they have everything! It's a crazy place. I waited to long to order shells and need some for this weekend so I will be going there. I will tell you the price for 22 inch when I get back. But I think it's 120.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:10am
thanks marie!
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:52am

Now where can we get ELite remy .... LOVE this hair... and I want the same quality I got from Amms line.

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by JeepGirl JeepGirl wrote:

Now where can we get ELite remy .... LOVE this
hair... and I want the same quality I got from Amms line.

AMEN! I'm in the search for something that I love as much! Or elite Remy
from another place that's just as good!
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:38pm
Naked Eye, with your dark hair, why not buy Amm's Elite Remy by
the pound? I just got some and it is gorgeous! My colorist told me
that it is a simple process to change dark virgin hair into another
matching dark shade. I think I paid $250 for an entire POUND of 14"
hair.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by kristie m kristie m wrote:

My colorist told me
that it is a simple process to change dark virgin hair into another
matching dark shade.

It's all processed to texture on the 1lb hair. But yes, I agree it's simple to bring up a few shades. I always recommend staying as close to the original color to keep the hair in the best shape possible. I've taken up to light blonde but, frankly, the hair is never the same. Same with virgin hair as well.
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:33pm
I'm confused. I am just talking about when amm's site is gone. I think you
may mean that there's a problem because of the change of min. orders.
Otherwise, I have no problem buying that by the lb! I've figured out I need
about that much hair for a full install anyways.

Also, right now my hair is pretty much black, so the hair would actually
probably match, dying it's not my concern!
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 2:32am
Oh gosh, if your hair is almost black, most likely you would be a
perfect match for the Elite Remy virgin hair with no coloring
necessary! (I'm jealous, actually.) I'm almost thinking of dying my
hair a level darker to match, the color is so pretty.

Naked Eye, you are the just the person to benefit from this hair!
According to Amm's site, she will continue to sell the virgin Elite
Remy either on shrinkies.net or on eliteremy.com, so you can get
your pound of gorgeous hair any time you need it. If you love Elite
Remy and have dark hair, don't miss out on this! Truly, this hair is
amazing! (And no, this isn't a paid advertisment for Amm's
hair!...laughing...)
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 11:23am
I was just thinking that. I didn't know she would continue that,
that's wonderful!! I always know I can rely on AMM for great hair! If I order
from her I never have to worry if I am getting hair I love or not.

Anyways, I just ordered D-LUX from kristin, and I think I might go lighter!
So I'll order the Virgin from amm when I'm back on my dark hair cycle
I'm like a chameleon...

Anyways, let me know how the hair goes! And thanks for telling me, I
didn't know she would continue selling it. That just made my day!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:27pm
OK sherrie, Lee beauty mailed me back, They only carry bohyme gold and black dimoind (a lesser brand of bohyme) on the site.
californiagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 1:55pm
So whats better elite remu or the lush??? Im confused
Current install: 18" Bohyme 18/22 mixed with 613 -200 microlinks.....pre tipped by me!!! (never again!)
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 2:17pm

For me....Elite Remy....I've had both Lush and now the elite remy....and this elite remy is some of the best hair I've had..... it is still soft after 5 weeks and very little tangeling.....I had a horrible problem with the lush..... but others here haven't.....trial and error my friend.... however I still use some of my lush to install individual strands around the top and on the sides. I don't seem to have any problems when mixing with the elite hair.

current install: Elite remy  wefts with protac and using proclaim to secure any slippage.

Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic