Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Achieving a brown colour with henna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Achieving a brown colour with henna
    Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:52am

I know I've been talking about this for a while, but my best friend finally sent me pics of her hair after we devised our "evil" plan of creating a brown colour for her 

I sent her up some BAQ henna and some Indigo and some Amla powder.   She has brown hair, but wanted a rich even brown colour.  So the mix we decided on was 100g henna, 100g indigo, and about 2 tablespoons Amla.   She let the henna mix release it's dye (only about 2 hours where she lives....tropical north of Australia) and then mixed the indigo and added it into the henna.  She left it all on her hair for about 5 and a half hours.  And here is the result:

This is the before shot (above).....and below is the after shot:

A beautiful rich brown colour with red highlights only visible when she is in the sun!!!  She loves it and thought the whole process was much easier than she had anticipated.  I've converted her   The evil plan worked!

She very kindly allowed me to share her photos with "my mates" at HB.   Doesn't her hair look awesome??

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:41am
The colour looks gorgeous! Good mixing rini

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 10:09pm
Wow! Now I'm really inspired (and tempted....). Good on ya Rini!!! And congrats to your best friend for being such an adventurous gal.
oddlots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddlots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 3:18am
That looks absolutely gorgeous!  Really rich color, with a nice multi-tonal effect from the highlights, and it looks to have improved the texture and condition of her hair!

Thanks for sharing your friends results.  You appear to be quite the henna expert.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 5:19am

Well...I don't know about expert....I'm just a henna fan

Ladyfrog.....FAB new sig!!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:19am
Why thank you missrini

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 6:28pm
Wow, nice going  your mate's hair looks fab
my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:37pm
I agree with all the kudos offered.  You've really got a way with henna, Rini. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic