Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Hair Moisturizer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Hair Moisturizer?
    Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:55pm
I'm looking for a moisturizer to make my hair less frizzy so my curls would look pretty...but i have noo idea... what's everyones favorite moisturizer...my hair is super frizzy
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 4:07pm
Shealoe and shea butter!    A little goes a looooong way!
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 8:45am
I buy mine online from Qhemet Biologics, it's the Amla and Olive heavy cream.  I use Carefree Curl moisturizer in the spray bottle to help with frizzies on curly hair.  It makes your hair super soft.
Luvlybelizean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvlybelizean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 1:52pm

im also trying to find the same thing my problem is this i cannot choose a regular moisturizer. Garnier fructis has a soft curling creme i tried the hard curl which worked fine i have yet to use the soft curl.

the carefree sounds real good , i struggle with frizzies on a curly weave lol

"A rose is still and always will be a rose"~Aretha Franklin.* Remember beauty is in the eyes of the beholder*
Last relaxer:4/06
Trans. styles: weaves&braids
goal:4-6" natural
Currently: 4"uneven
SwEEt_t_piE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwEEt_t_piE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 4:05pm
I heard good things about Mango Butter by ElastaQP. Soooo...i had to go cop me some! I just got it and soo far the only thing i know about it is...it $6 and it smells really good! i will have to get back with u on a more long term usage for true results.
"WHEN WE WALK DOWN THE STREET DUDES CALL US THE COVERGIRLS...WE STAND OUT WHEN WE NEXT TO THEM OTHER GIRLS!!!" -LIL KIM
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 5:22pm
Yes also like the Qhemet Biologics range. I got the cream detangler, soft gel, heavy cream, sidr cream and honey and Alma lotion.
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 8:31am
i wish they sold qhemet biologics at a store =( i can't order online...i'm going to try the mango butter or ors olive oil lotions (since i heard good things)
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 8:35am
I just tried S-Curl the other day and wow....I'm sold!  I can't stop touching my hair.  I air-dried my hair in two braids and it is so silky soft!
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 11:34am
s curl huh?  I never thought to use it???
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Pokahontas Pokahontas wrote:

I just tried S-Curl the other day and wow....I'm sold!  I can't stop touching my hair.  I air-dried my hair in two braids and it is so silky soft!

Hi Yah Pokohantas!

What exactly is S-Curl . I  remember the name from way back and thought it was a hair texturizer ? What are the ingredients of the product you tried ? 

Sharon71XxX
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 10:14pm

S-Curl is the BOMB.  I just started using it not long ago on my relaxed hair and I love it.  The only thing is I don't really care for the smell.  Here are the ingredients:  Water , Glycerine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Acetamide MEA , Ceteth-20 , Olealkonium Chloride , Stearalkonium Chloride , Panthenol , Simethicone , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance

And a Picture:

There is also this other product called Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1.  The only differences between the two are this one is thicker, it smells better, the smell of S-Curl reminds me of my aunt and her husband.  Anyway here is a picture of the product:

You can purchase this at: http://www.generalbeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEW PROD&ProdID=1987  at the site the minimum order has to be $10 if you pick the right products you can get it to come out to $20 even with shipping and handling.  They might even sell it at your local Beauty Supply Store.

These products are great I definately recommend them.  If you don't mind the smell of S-Curl go for it, it comes out to be cheaper especially if you can find the 50% more free one.  But if you can't handle the smell either get some essential oils or get the second product.

Goal:Waistlength Natural Hair!
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:31am

Thanks so much Tffy and  for posting the ingredients. It sounds like a really good moisturizer and worth a try!

Sharon71XxX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Sharon71 Sharon71 wrote:

Thanks so much Tffy and  for posting the ingredients. It sounds like a really good moisturizer and worth a try!

Sharon it is so worth a try!  My hair is still soft and it's been 2 days.  I can't beleive how soft it is.  The smell dosen't bother me at all.  It smells way better than Carefree Curl.  I used it on my freshly washed hair and braided it up.....even the braids were soft, lol.  Let us know if you try it.

Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 7:35am

Thanks Pokahontas I'm still on my quest to find that moisturizer that keeps my hair in good condition for at least a few days at a time so yes i will go and buy this sometime in the week and will let you know how i get on. 

Sharon71XxX
tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:42pm

Sharon it is so worth a try!  My hair is still soft and it's been 2 days.  I can't beleive how soft it is.  The smell dosen't bother me at all.  It smells way better than Carefree Curl.  I used it on my freshly washed hair and braided it up.....even the braids were soft, lol.  Let us know if you try it.

Hey Pokahontas,

I experienced to same thing I was amazed at how soft my braids were they even looked longer and when I braided them all the way down to the end it didn't unraval and I didn't have to use any bands to hold it.  This is the best moisturizer I have ever used.

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:44pm

Your Welcome.  If you don't like it after you try it, which I doubt will happen, you can always take it back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by tffy2004 tffy2004 wrote:

Hey Pokahontas,

I experienced to same thing I was amazed at how soft my braids were they even looked longer and when I braided them all the way down to the end it didn't unraval and I didn't have to use any bands to hold it.  This is the best moisturizer I have ever used.

I know!  I wore my hair out today in a ponytail puff and seriously my hair felt soft like cotton!  This stuff is the truth!

OT....did you ever do the coconut milk soak?  I meant to pm you on BHM.

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 4:06pm
Yes I did it but I forgot to shake it up before I used it and all the water was in the bottom.  So I only got all the milk in my hair and I hated the smell, I thought I was going to puke.  I am going to try it again tomorrow with my co-wash and this time I am going to remember to shake it up, hopefully the smell won't be so bad.  I do like the way my hair felt afterward though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by tffy2004 tffy2004 wrote:

Yes I did it but I forgot to shake it up before I used it and all the water was in the bottom.  So I only got all the milk in my hair and I hated the smell, I thought I was going to puke.  I am going to try it again tomorrow with my co-wash and this time I am going to remember to shake it up, hopefully the smell won't be so bad.  I do like the way my hair felt afterward though.

You must've gotten the Goya brand??  I heard that one stinks.  I have some that I've never used.  I forget the brand I use but it smells just like coconuts. 

tffy2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tffy2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 8:15pm
Yeah that's the one I have Goya and I have two freakin' cans left.  Don't think I'm just gone let them go to waste either I'll mix them with something.  What brand do you get usually?  If it just happens to come to you, PM me and let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic