Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro Tac Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro Tac Question
    Posted: April 21 2006 at 12:11am

Like I said before I am new here and I have been reading about this Pro Tac, I currently use the fusion method. I was wondering if you use the wefts with the pro tac can you swim with them in??

About how long does this method stay in (properly installed of course) before needing to re-install?

Lastly how often can you re-use the hair assuming it is of good quality.

I am really interested in trying this method as it seems to give alot more fullness, I have very thin hair and would love the fullness!

Thanks!

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 6:58pm

using wefts give me a lot more fullness, and with Protac is has been so much easier, less time consuming, and more affordable.

how many times you can get in reusing the hair is dependant on so many variables....but the point is with the Protac method, when you remove the extensions they will come out intact, you clean the weft, let it dry and it can be reused immediately or saved for another time.

my own are now going on the fourth week, from everything i have read there are people who are only able to get them to stay for a week or two, an others have them in for a couple of months and only finally take them down because their hair has grown out so far.

swimming: some people have, and had no problem. good advice would be to have a towel ready to blot the water away from the Protac immediately, and get thee to your hair dryer asap after swimming.if you are going to be swimming while on vacation bring some more Protac along in your suitcase ( and a large hand held mirror) so you can stick em back in just in case

Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 12:50am
Swimming with them in, you can do, like nursie said, you should blot
water off, or even dry it as fast as you can after. I really wouldn't say it's
the best for summer and hardcore swimmers. Fusion might be better for
the summer if you are a beachy person.

This method can stay in pretty long for me, I usually take down because
of growth, or that I just want a change. I have some slippage and a few
fall out, but majority stay in for a good 6 weeks or more.

Re-installing really just has to do with the hair. Personally, I would
imagine however long the hair holds up you could keep installing. I've
found I need to between every like...2 installs or so soak the wefts really
good and peel all the goop off, or they don't stick as well.

Pro-tacs are amazing though, as far as fullness, I could never get the
fullness anyway before, and it's really easy to blend, even with my short
hair!

Plus, it's pretty cheap, and compared to strand by strand, you can do it in
a blink of an eye!! Which is my favorite part!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic