Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I can help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
hairdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I can help
    Posted: August 06 2002 at 9:21pm
Hi, my name is carrie. you might recognize my name from the formal hair board--I have the same thread over there. I thought I might start it again here as there are a lot of people asking for hair help and I find it easier to help people if all the questions are in one place. If you need any kind of hair help, just ask. My specialty is styles and updos, but I can usually answer other kinds of questions too. Feel free to ask. Ta!
~carrie
~Hairdesigner~
ewan33171 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewan33171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 12:20am
hi
my hair is a bit longer than shoulder length and it flips out at the ends. no matter what i do it always flips out at the ends. how can i get it to go straight without paying a whole bunch of money on hair products? also, i can never think of any updoes for just going out into town. any ideas besides the normal pony tail thing?
thanks for your time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2002 at 11:03pm
You could try using a heavier conditioner just on the ends and leaving a bit of it on. That might weigh it down enough to stop it from flipping out. And hair products don`t have to be expensive--special FX makes a good straightener that`s cheap and chemical-free. I found it for a buck at mcfrugals (which is now biglots, but either way you probably don`t have one nearby so nevermind). For a night out, you could try this:
1. Put half of your hair into a messy bun
2. Divide the other half into two sections
3. Twist both sections upwards and wrap them around the bun
4. Pin it all in place, leaving the ends loose and spikey
5. Spritz with hairspray
~Hairdesigner~
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2002 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Hairdesigner Hairdesigner wrote:

Hi, my name is carrie. you might recognize my name from the formal hair board--I have the same thread over there. I thought I might start it again here as there are a lot of people asking for hair help and I find it easier to help people if all the questions are in one place. If you need any kind of hair help, just ask. My specialty is styles and updos, but I can usually answer other kinds of questions too. Feel free to ask. Ta!
~carrie

HELP!! my sisters prom is coming up and she really needs a hairstyle! if you can send pics that would be great! (if you have any ideas) she is mostly looking for half up half down!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2002 at 10:34pm
give me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures-I don`t know how to post them on the boards.
~Hairdesigner~
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2002 at 4:47pm
okay, my email adress is ashoONcrako@aol.com
Ashlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2002 at 5:02pm
Could you please please please e-mail me at ashlee87_05@yahoo.com w/ some pics and/or instructions on some updos for homecoming?? I have not quite shoulder length layered hair. It`s also fairly thin. I`d prefer somethin kinda spiky and fun, but curly will work too. My homecoming is this saturday, so help by thursday at least would be MARVELOUS. Thank you!
Amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2002 at 11:03pm
hi I need help pretty fast! I have homecoming October 5th and I don`t have any idea what to do with my hair! I have blonde and brown hair and it about 2 inches from my shoulders and can be strait wavy or curly all depends on how i do it! I`m wearing a spagetti stapped plum colored dress. If u have any pictures u could send me i would appreciate it. and give me some ideas that u have along with it. my e-mail is sweetshorty73187@aol.com thank you so much!
COUNT DOWN TO WEDDING
7 wks left
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 7:09pm
I have long straight thick brown hair that goes down to the middle of my back.I am looking or some kind of up do that will look good for a formal dance.
Allie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 8:01pm
1) Divide hair down the middle
2) Separate the top fourth of hair from the rest and twist both sides back
3) Combine the two twists to make a small bun at the crown of your head. Pin it down.
4) You should now have 2 sections of hair. Divide both in half
5) Take each half and twist it upwards towards the bun. Wrap it around the bun and pin it there. Do this with all four sections
5) Spritz with hairspray
~Hairdesigner~
Caty View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2002 at 6:45pm
Hey... I`m going to homeomcing on October 5th and i have nooooo idea wut to do for my hair. I have thick blondeish light light brown hair. it can go any way.. but it`s straight w/ a curl under on the end. I have really nice manageable hair. I was thinking maybe that I could go for a down hair style because I have low cheekbones & it`ll look better. I have long bangs & my hair goes to my shoulders. I was thinking along the lines of spiraly curls all over then put hair gems and glitter in. Oh my dress is sleeveless is an irridesent purple color and has irridesent rhinestones on the top. Help send pics at daydreamer31687@excite.com
eyecandy408 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyecandy408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2002 at 1:38pm
Hi, I have pretty dark brown hair with light brown highlights that goes down to the bottom of my boobs. It curls well and is thick. I`m lookin for a half up/half down style. My dress is black with rhinestones. If you can, I`d love for you to email me! Thanks. eyecandy408@yahoo.com

xoxo, megan
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 6:29pm
i have no idea how i should do my hair for homecoming!! i have sortof thick brown hair that goes a little past my shoulders. its straight if i blowdry it (but then it gets REAALLLY frizzy) so if im going out then i usually straighten it. but for homecoming i was looking for something a little more fancy. without all my hair up though! could u email me pictures or just tell me how i could do my hair?? thanks soo much
~allie~

sweetiebby14@yahoo.com
Julia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by hairdesigner hairdesigner wrote:

You could try using a heavier conditioner just on the ends and leaving a bit of it on. That might weigh it down enough to stop it from flipping out. And hair products don't have to be expensive--special FX makes a good straightener that's cheap and chemical-free. I found it for a buck at mcfrugals (which is now biglots, but either way you probably don't have one nearby so nevermind). For a night out, you could try this:
1. Put half of your hair into a messy bun
2. Divide the other half into two sections
3. Twist both sections upwards and wrap them around the bun
4. Pin it all in place, leaving the ends loose and spikey
5. Spritz with hairspray

Can you please send me pics of half up/half down updos? I have a formal homecoming and I need something for my hair. I have thin, blonde, below the shoulders hair!! My e-mail is cutienatutu87@hotmail.com
Thanks
desirerains05 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desirerains05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2002 at 9:35pm
hi! my homecoming is on saturday, and i`m looking for some unique pictures of updo`s that are elegant yet unusual. I don`t want to look weird but i want to look elegant. I have to have pics by fri. night so i can my mom and i can agree thanks!
desirerains05 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desirerains05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2002 at 9:02pm
hey i originally posted a note. My homecoming is on Saturday and I still have no clue on how to do my hair! It`s past my shoulders, and it has a slight wave, and it`s thin. please email pics at sugarnspices143@hotmail.com!
sara elisabeth View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara elisabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2002 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Hairdesigner Hairdesigner wrote:

~carrie

Hey! I would really like it if somebody could send me some ideas for prom hair.....
i`ve got blond hair, 15 cm below my shoulders, straight. And i`d like some ideas. and pictures for updoos.....? please????!!!!!! even some internet sites where i can find it!!!!
Thank you for your help!!!
Regads
Sara From denmark...
e-mail me at sara86_dk@hotmail.com
with your ideas!!
Tatem View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tatem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2002 at 8:17pm
I have blonde spiral curly hair that goes an inch below my shoulder. And I have a prom coming up and I have to give the hairdresser an idea of what to do with it and I am clueless!! Please help!
Kimmish Kim View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmish Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 4:34am
I was wondering if you (hairdresser) would want a little "project".. I`m getting married next Septemeber.. and I have NO idea.. what I want my hair to look like.. so.. would you wanna design something for me? I want it to be really special.. (who wouldnt?) lol.. and personalized.. I have very.. thick. brown hair.. thats just about waist lenth.. cut in with long layers. and angled in the front.. I love my hair.. but its hard to deal with sometimes..

My dress is going to be simple yet elegant.. long.. white.. halter styled. so I really want my hair to be special..

Thanks alot : )

-Kim-
www.kimmish.com
KimmishKim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimmishKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2002 at 4:40am
I thought I`d be easier to find if I registered.. so.. woo. lol.

duh.. I know I misstyped your screenname there.. I guess thats what happens when I stay up till 4:30AM... lol. oops. Sorry.. hairdesigner. (I knew I could get it right!)
-Kim-
www.kimmish.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic