Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Sex increases Hair Loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Sex increases Hair Loss
    Posted: April 23 2006 at 7:35am

Hello,

I am a 33 yr old female and experiencing a tremendous amount of hair loss.  I married a man who is impotent and in two years I've noticed a tremendous amount of hair loss.  I've always had long thick hair when I was sexually active.  Is there a hormonal imbalance due to not having sex increasing hair loss?  If so, would masterbation be an alternative?

milali01
Jamgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 2:37pm

I'm no expert, but I think that could simply be due to stress....I mean, the impotency issue must be putting some amount of stress on the relationship...?

milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 1:10pm
Not so much the stress of it, but I was referring to the release of hormones after the fact...or in this case the lack of.  Could there be any scientifice or medical proof that women need that for beautiful thick hair? 
milali01
hairhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 12:42pm
No sex for two years we all would be bald Honey, Get to work and change that rightr now!
milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 2:06pm
I've been doing some research and found some vitamins that might help.  I've also been taking daily women's supplement vitamins in addition to Vitamin K.  I've noticed some awesome results in my nail growth, strength and thickness.  I'm waiting on results on hair growth.  Also, thinking about doing some hot oil treatments.  Anyone have any specific types of vitamin treatments, please let me know.  Also, I heard that Flaxseed Oil tablets are supposed to work good.  Anyone tried those?

Here is a list I found:

• Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
  • Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. of vitamin B-6
  • Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily
  • Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily
  • Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
  • One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc
  • Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily
  • Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily
  • Flaxseed oil -  one tbsp daily or one tablet
  • Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
  •  

I used to use St. Ives Hair Repair Formula and that worked wonders on my hair.  Unfortunately, that product has been discontinued after some 15 + years.  If you do find it on ebay, it's outrageous in price!  I've tried AVEDA's Rosemary Mint conditioner, and although the hair smells nice, it does not have the repair treatment that helps restore dry brittle hair.

I welcome any ideas.... Thanks!
    milali01
    milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 12:21pm
    Hey all the Flaxseed Oil capsules seem to be doing wonders for my hair.  I have had a decrease in hair loss in just a week.  I've also stopped using hot water on my head and tried lukewarm and cool water to rinse.  Less use of the curling iron and blow dryer and also using Infusium Leave In Treatment.

I found out that my mother had a similar hair loss experiece due to an abusive marriage.  She actually had bald spots on her head in her early 30s.  She used a lot of hot oil treatments to combat that and successfully grew her hair back.

I think diet may also play a factor in the growth of our hair.  Been eating more greens.  My scalp is not sensitive as it once was.

Gonna keep on keeping on.  Will post progess here....Embarrassed
    milali01
    milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 1:44pm

Okay, it's been awhile since I posted on here, but I've completed two weeks of hot oil treatments and been washing my hair in cooler water instead of hot hot water.  The hair seems to have more elasticity after the hot oil treatments and less hair falling out.

Although, we just moved, so the stress of moving is making me shed more hair AGAIN!! 

So back to square one with hot oil treatments, and vitamins. 

milali01
    Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2006 at 7:57pm

OMG I would be totally bald LOL. I reconciled with God after years of walking away from my faith. After becoming a christian again, I won't have sex because I'm not married (I will be in December thought). I haven't had sex in 7 years. So no, I don't think that is the problem. I did have alot of shedding when I had a really stressfull job. But the problem stoped immediatly after I quit. So I think is definitly stress.

EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 2:29am

What hot oil treatments did you guys use?

I've been looking into some but not sure which to buy.
    babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 6:53am

for hair loss you can take indian gooseberry and use gooseberry powder its known in india to help in this area also it provides many great vitamins and can aid in cleaning out your system. http://www.morphemeremedies.com/amla.htm and

use both for best results.

one other product i recommend is ZYX http://www.ayurvediccure.com/hair_loss_remedy.htm

Edited by babycheeks24 - August 31 2006 at 7:02am
    Babycheeks
    Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2006 at 12:40pm
    Babycheeks, you are just a wealth of information. And here I thought I knew alot LOL! How in the world do you know all this stuff? Well, at least I'm happy now, I know who to come looking for when in desperate need of info.
    babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 11:43am
    im in the medical field, a dietician degree, and also currently studying drug rehab addiction, and i also have a minor in herbalism so i studied it all so i better know something.:)
    Babycheeks
    Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 4:24pm

Wonderful! now I'll value your advice even more! And you are a dietician? Why didn't you mention that before? I'm really gonna be consulting you now LOL! You go girl! You seem so young and already acomplished that much. Congratulations! Very proud of you.

Much love, Shary
    milali01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milali01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 9:22am

I'm back to report that the hair loss has been improving after I made a change in the type of water I was exposing my hair to.  Seems out in the country, the water is a lot harsher, due to all the chemicals from the soil.  Once moving to town, the water is less harder on my hair.  I still see some hair loss, but not as chunks as I saw last year.  I am going to check out some of those items babycheeks requested.  We have several ayurvedic stores in my town.  Thanks for keeping this posting going.

EmeraldNight- I've used the over the counter hot oil treatments and the Infusium B5 formula to strengthen the hair that I have left...YOu may be able to go to a beauty supply store and find different products that would work better depending on your hair type.

Blessings to all for a prosperous 2007!
    milali01
    Vampyfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vampyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2007 at 9:13pm
    SmileI'm very happy to hear your hair problem is not so bad now. Babycheeks does seem to have a lot of ideas that can help with the hair loss, but you may want to try this also? This treatment; rosemary oil, mixed with lavender and bonded with almond oil, has been proved to prevent excessive hair loss and re-grow areas that have become bald also. I've been in show business for many years, and known at least six women and heard from a few men, that this concoction has helped a great deal.

Just a bit of the mixed oils on your fingertips dabbed onto the scalp, all over, not too much or it will get greasy. Hope this helps.

Good advice about the harshness of the chemicals in water. In the old days women used the rainwater collected in a barrel to wash their hair. Of course now, it will be polluted!

Vampyfox
    Author/Performer
    (Pic taken a few months ago)
    www.donni-jay.com
    drmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 5:33am

I am totally fed up with all this confusion about hair loss and masturbation......

Here i want to clear one thing....Masturbation or in simple words .....SEX(Ejaculation) always leads to wide problem of Hairloss.......

So stay away from these activities as much as you can............

Now come to actual problem Hairloss.....

I am presenting here 9 Herb Great Herbal Remedy for Hairloss

This secret formula is known as ZYX hair cream. It’s just not another cream. It is a wonderful herbal formulation that will change your life entirely. ZYX hair cream is a unique herbal formulation that will solve all your hair problems in mater of few days.

More on ZyxHairCream
    _Princess_ View Drop Down
    Super Elite Member
    Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:10pm
    Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

for hair loss you can take indian gooseberry and use gooseberry powder its known in india to help in this area also it provides many great vitamins and can aid in cleaning out your system. http://www.morphemeremedies.com/amla.htm and

use both for best results.

one other product i recommend is ZYX http://www.ayurvediccure.com/hair_loss_remedy.htm

Ah just what I was looking for
    Patricia8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 7:01am

A year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
    the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

Good Luck!
    --------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 13 2009 at 11:32pm
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic