Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! I Am So Pale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trunx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trunx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! I Am So Pale
    Posted: April 24 2006 at 2:19am
I am 16 from Iowa. Prom is fastly approaching. I've always tried lotions and whatever, they are such a damn pain! Me being so white, they always turn out a wierd color so I can never get a good color. I have heard so many rumors about people with blonde hair, light colored eyes, pale people. TO NOT use tanning beds, I would just like to know, is this completely true? If so, what other options do I really have? Outside is really not an option yet
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 5:50am
i reomend St. Tropez u can use it by its self or you can mix it with the moisturizer for a lighter tan. For best results apply before bedtime, evenly let the lotion absorb into the skin.
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 8:14pm
I reccommend L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Lotion for Light Skin Tones.  I only use it about 2 times a week and it gives great color.  I'm in the same pale-skinned boat as you.  Just apply evenly and let it dry.
the_sweetness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_sweetness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 1:15am
I was always really fair skinned. I started going tanning, and it's worked out so far, but as far as prom goes, you'd probaly have to go for 2 or 3 months to get a good tan going.
pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 3:07am
I'd rather be pale than have skin cancer/wrinkly skin from those condenced UVA tanning rays!

Natural skin is beautiful!!! :>
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 7:28pm
I agree with PinkSummer...you don't want to risk your skin against things such as cancer. With tanning beds...30 minutes in the 'cancer bed' Tongue equals 8 hours in the natural sunlight! I have heard that the L'oreal Sublime works well, I have yet to try it, but DEFINETLY stay away from Jergens and Neutrogena. I am EXTREMELY pale as you and Jergens makes your skin yellow. I say keep experimenting with self-tanners, or go to a very trusted spray-tan salon, I have heard that if you find a good one, the tans look normal.
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 3:43pm
I actually had good results with Jergen's, it gave me a subtle glow. I definitely agree that you have to be careful with the product you choose and I advise doing a little "test run" on one are of your body.

I knew a girl who use Neutrogena and her skin always looked yellow.

My one piece of advice....limit the tanning beds! It's really terrible for your skin, worse than natural sun exposure. I'm 30 and I have a few friends who look older than they are as a result. Take care of your skin.
Follow Your Bliss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic