Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Short hair -- I need style ideas..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short hair -- I need style ideas..
    Posted: April 27 2006 at 6:35pm

Hi,

I have short hair ..I'd say when I'm standing completely straight, my hair isn't even to the end of my neck, maybe about 2 inches above my shoulders, but I'm not entirely sure.. Pretty much exactly like Britney's hair *here* except I have long side bands on the right.

I can't hardly keep it in a pony tail, unless it's a low one, and still some hair falls out. I don't like wearing it down straight (which was my absolute favorite way to wear it) because it makes my hair look to thick and since I have no layers in it it looks even worse. (I got freaked out at the salon when she was suppose to add layers, and told her to quit. She cut it WAY shorter than she was suppose to.)

I was just wondering if any of you have any styles that would look good with my shortness of hair? My original plan was to just wear it in a ponytail until it grows out, but that's really becoming a pain. I was looking for a sort of curly, elegant, classic looking style.

SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 5:30pm
Why not get it cut a little shorter, in a short pixie hairstyle. You would look gorgeous in a hairstyle like that!
Brent
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 10:44pm
Sorry but the plan is to grow it longer not get it cut any shorter, I hate it.
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 5:06am
You might not like it, but it might like you.
I still contend you would look gorgeous in a pixie hairstyle.

But suit yourself. Go ahead and try a long hairstyle if you want.
You can always cut your hair short if you get bored with having long hair.

Edited by SanFranBrent
Brent
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 8:34am

I have had my hair around that length, and curly looks nice although I have had some trouble as my hair doesn't hold curls for very long. (hasn't stopped me trying!)

I'll go have a search for some pictures.

"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
Skydancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skydancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 9:22am
"Sometime's you have to roll the hard six"

"I hope evil takes mastercard"
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 10:55am
She doesn't WANT to cut her hair--she was upset to see it cut so much the last time. She is looking for a good grow-out style!  Try to respect that.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by hannebash hannebash wrote:

She doesn't WANT to cut her hair--she was upset to see it cut so much the last time. She is looking for a good grow-out style!  Try to respect that.

Ummm, calm down.  This is the SHORT HAIR forum.  Do you not expect people here to recommend leaving it short or cutting it shorter?  And each post saying that commented on how good they thought she would look with it shorter.
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 12:03pm
Sorry. I was following her thread on the bloopers forum. I'm blaming this on PMS. I'm usually not an internet-meanie. But I do hate "ummmm". Patronizing. I actually belong to a board that strictly prohibits using ummmm at the beginning of their posts. But I digress...
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 8:28pm

just keep it one length with lots of trims maybe just add bangs{long}

Mike

red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 1:49am
Thanks. I think I'm actually beginning to like it. You guys sure are helping a lot. I am thankful that you guys are helping ..but I really don't want it cut any shorter. The most I'd do is add layers. If you want to see some of the things I've done (or ..tried to accomplish) with my hair, I think they look sort of cute. Although I have to say you can't really tell in the first picture my hair is curly.. but it is. Bad picture taking. :(

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 8:19pm
Here's a picture of a layered bob:

Tough to keep in a ponytail but looks nice.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 8:22pm
Here's a curly style

HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2006 at 7:32pm
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic