Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

False Eyelashes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red legos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red legos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: False Eyelashes?
    Posted: April 29 2006 at 2:19pm

Okay,

This probably sounds weird, but I'm wondering about using false eyelashes. My real ones are pretty long but I don't have tons of them, so I was hoping to get some false ones to put on to wear everyday to make my eyes look better. I look really good when I have mascara on, it just seems to make my eyes pop. I was hoping that usinging these would just seem to increase how my eyes look. Only problem is I don't know how to apply them, how long to use them, ect. I've tried wearing them for Halloween once and couldn't because I had the hardest time getting them one and once I did they came off. ::sigh:: Please help.

angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2006 at 12:17pm

I too have tried fake eyelashes. You can get the eyelash glue at any beauty supply place. I always had to cut my eyelashes slightly they were really long

I just now used masacra I couldn't get use to the feel of fake eyelashes.It drove me crazy I kept blinking my eyes!!Although some women can't live without them.

hairupsession View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairupsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:17am
a nice fake eyelash to try out are revlon. they come with a tacky strip already on and a spare strip. Also if treated gentle once the tacky strips are gone you can use the eyeleases a time or two more with glue. you can get them at drug and grocery stores and they come in a variety of styles. Also gather some spare tools you might have around that you think some how might be helpfull. I keep the board type thing the revlon comes with because after washing lashes i place them on this to dry. they seem to recurl using this method. other tools i use are old tweazers and nail utensils that are pointy to press the strip to eye. keeps your blulky fingers out of they way. revlon also has a pretty useful application tool it comes with, save it. people think these are my real lashes.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 9:55am
The only thing that worries me is that a friend of mine used to use them all the freaking time, and was very careful about it, but something about them made a lot of her natural lashes fall out.
Confused
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 5:16pm

Try the individual lashes...they are much more comfortable than the strip lashes....

I use them all the time, they are very easy if you take your time...

this is what you will need

Pair of tweezers...a surface to place the lashes after you dip the dip in glue (they work best if you let the glue dry for 30 seconds or so before applying them)

Sinceyou are just begininng dip like 3 at a time by the time you get to the last lash the first one will be ready to apply

I curl & put a complete mascara & eyeliner application before I start

Then i start placing them using the tweezers just on the base of the lashes set them on top of the lash area not your skin

Let them dry, I use the clear adhesive...starts out white when it is dry it is clear..after they are dry & you have added as many as you want blend them with your real lashes using another coat of mascara..

If your natural lashes are pretty short & thin or your eyes are small like mine start with the short lashes...it is tempting to buy the longest ones but I rarely if ever use those the shorts just look so fabulous & real only better, if I am going out I just put more for that heavy pamela anderson look...After you are comfortable with it you can try the other lenghths.

Hope this helps...

Edited by manstoppers - June 29 2006 at 5:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic